DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 buyers poll. Which one did you get?

After watching the launch I ordered the pro, but after a subsequent 10 hours of youtube watching, I cancelled it and went with the pro.. I am not a professional videographer yet and the quality of the video for the most part seems equivalent (see casey's video).. However, the Zoom feature, (=dolly zoom / HiDef Photos) and when you turn on the digital zoom additional to that, you end up with something that sits solid in the air and can generate some amazing shots, without needing to actually fly the thing.. done about 10 batteries of charge, and loving it more than any other drone..

After watching the launch I ordered the pro, but after a subsequent 10 hours of youtube watching, I cancelled it and went with the pro.. I am not a professional videographer yet and the quality of the video for the most part seems equivalent (see casey's video).. However, the Zoom feature, (=dolly zoom / HiDef Photos) and when you turn on the digital zoom additional to that, you end up with something that sits solid in the air and can generate some amazing shots, without needing to actually fly the thing.. done about 10 batteries of charge, and loving it more than any other drone..
you mean you cancelled the pro and went with the zoom?

Reactions: mhs2xs
I ordered a M2 Zoom on 8/31, I'm patiently waiting for it to ship due to the holiday. I upgraded from the spark, I can't wait to fly the zoom and see/feel the difference and see what is possible with my new quad.

Reactions: Former Member
My zoom should be here tomorrow although tracking is still saying Wednesday... but it's been in the state since Friday night.... holiday weekend is the delay...

Reactions: Former Member
My zoom should be here tomorrow although tracking is still saying Wednesday... but it's been in the state since Friday night.... holiday weekend is the delay...
When did you order it? Just wondering since I'm leaving on a trip in a few weeks and would like to have one in hand before I leave.

Hi guys!! I ordered my Zoom on August 30th at around 9AM. I live close enough to B&H that if I order by 10 AM or so I usually get it the next day at no additional charge (this is good as I'm an impatient SOB once I do decide to buy something:)). FEDEX generally delivers to me at around 3PM but there was a choice, for an extra 8 bucks I could have delivery by 10:30 AM. I did and it arrived at about 10 after 9.

I have been flying a DJI Vision 2+ for the last few years and this is just light years ahead in it's many, many features. I wanted the zoom as it just appealed to me more than the Pro version did. The stability, even in a good breeze is just great. I'll post a link to a brief 4K video clip that was shot Sunday. All of my neighbors were aware that I was sending it up and had no problem being in a little part of it.

It appears that VIMEO did step on the file a bit and I don't see any menu choices on their side of things to change that. People that have looked at it on my 27" iMac remarked they though it was a still shot until the saw movement in the frame!

Thanks for reading and watching!!

Kevin in CT

I went with zoom because it’s well got zoom and dolly zoom effect

For 1” sensor I already got p4adv.

Reactions: KG in CT
Got the Zoom... well actually my GF ordered it for me as a surprise so I didn't really have an option... no complaints! I don't do post anyways.... I don't have the patience for that. :)

Mavicme, you should try it sometime. Just go slowly and don't get too ambitious when you begin.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4