DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 HD Stream

ccurry

Reactions
Real quick question, the stream or feed that you are seeing on the app from your smartphone while flying or even after from within the app (cached files) I believe that to not be true 1080P HD, the quality seems less than that from within the app.

Your thoughts?

Normally is, but it depends on your app settings.

I’m pretty positive that what is stored on the app is a low res version and not true HD. Downloaded from the card you can see a difference.

Is there a place to change it or is this normal?

Normally is, but it depends on your app settings.

I just want to know if the cached versions that are stored on the DJI app is truly 1080P HD. I don’t believe they are. They maybe 1080P but watered down. Your thoughts?

It is 1080p (unless you enable the "adaptively reduce cache resolution" option I was mentioning), grab one from your mobile device if you want to see for yourself.

Obviously it's low bitrate/quality 1080p and will have transmission artifacts as it's just a dump of the live feed. Real quality footage needs to be taken from the aircraft's storage.

Reactions: ccurry
It is 1080p (unless you enable the "adaptively reduce cache resolution" option I was mentioning), grab one from your mobile device if you want to see for yourself.

Obviously it's low bitrate/quality 1080p and will have transmission artifacts as it's just a dump of the live feed. Real quality footage needs to be taken from the aircraft's storage.

Gotcha. So it is compressed 1080P or in other words watered down to a degree. That’s what I thought. It’s not bad, it’s better than the Mavic Air and Spark I had, but I was just curious as to why it wasn’t as crystal clear perfect as from the SD card. I thought this being HD feed transmission it would allow for HD files to be transferred over as cached files. No worries though. Just making sure.

Are you seriously asking why a video compressed on the fly and then transmitted from thousands of feet away isn't as good as video recorded directly to an SD card?

Are you seriously asking why a video compressed on the fly and then transmitted from thousands of feet away isn't as good as video recorded directly to an SD card?

Hello Mr. Salty, I was under the impression that this was a form for general discussion and help on Mavic releated topics. It blows my mind that there are people out there that actually get on here to write comments like yours. I was under the impression that since this particular Mavic video streamed in HD as advertised that the cached version would also be downloaded in HD. Simple question. Not hard to understand. Not all of us are as well diversified as you are. Thanks for adding nothing to this thread.

Last edited:
Really don't see nothing wrong with his comment he just added to this so lets just :::.jpeg.jpeg and follow our guideline on being rude .
Thanks

Reactions: ccurry
I was under the impression that since this particular Mavic video streamed in HD as advertised
"HD" refers to the 1920x1080 resolution, and it does that as advertised. There's no claim made about the other aspects of it.

Hello everyone, I appreciate some more input or help on this. I am also quite new to the drone technology.

What would exactly be the difference between using or not the "adaptively reduce cache resolution" I understand that anyhow we will get in the remote a compressed video?

The file on the card is 4k (unless you lowered it to 1k) so yes that difference will be visible. To be fair, you'd need the set the onboard to 1k then compare that to the 1k down feed cached file. As mentioned, there will be transmission anomalies introduced and reduced bit rates, so a less than optimal 1k file would be expected from the down feed, mostly because of the reduced bit rates.

Reactions: RogerMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98