DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro 4g LTE Cellular Network

In a word, no.
Now, if you can change out the Occusync transmission system for a 4g GSM signal, that would be something...

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of using a 4g wireless hot spot dongle.
Essentially using a 4g dongle hotspot to intercept and relay the wifi signal to and from the Mavic and controller. Instead of Wifi directly to and from the controller and mavic 2. The Wifi is passed through 4g hot spot dongles.

No.
And if you could the latency would be absolutely horrific.

No.
And if you could the latency would be absolutely horrific.

There would be no more latency than existing wireless. I have been controlling a rover over the 4g/lte network for the last 3 years. Rover is a basic wheel robot platform using Ardurover, ROS, SLAM, gps. Located at my business. It is a security bot and patrols property. I can intiate and control, stream live video from anywhere in the world.

There would be no more latency than existing wireless. I have been controlling a rover over the 4g/lte network for the last 3 years. Rover is a basic wheel robot platform using Ardurover, ROS, SLAM, gps. Located at my business. It is a security bot and patrols property. I can intiate and control, stream live video from anywhere in the world.

Latency over most 4G networks is a few hundred milliseconds. It gets higher depending on utilisation.
Its 10s or even less direct wifi link.

So flying might be ok but smooth movements in flight are going to be horrible and in some cases, simply wont work.

I have no issues with smoothness or latency... You seem to make this comment everytime someone wants to operate a ground station mission or remote from 4g... It works better than wireless and bube tooth. Maybe the earth is flat and 2+2=5 as well? Its no slower than any other wireless protocol and since all cellular networks are getting better coverage by the day... Not to mention 5g.. Then whats going to be the next reason? The parrot flys fantastic over 4g. There are also enterprise platforms that interface with DJI Protocols. Reminds me of when people ask for help at a store or at thier place of employment... The only answers they get are..."Not my job" instead of actual help. The question I asked is if anyone has done a 4g lte mod to a Mavic 2 pro. I didnt ask if 4g lte has a latency problem. I dont care either way as I fly missions with waypoints.

The question I asked is if anyone has done a 4g lte mod to a Mavic 2 pro
DJI's closed communication architecture makes it impossible for anyone to insert LTE communications on their aircraft unless DJI opens a way via the SDK. All communication between a DJI RC and AC is based on the proprietary protocols like Lightbridge 1/2, OcuSync 1/2.

DJI announced the possibility with LTE based communication with the Inspire 2, but that product was never released to the public.

There are already working LTE command and control systems available on the market, but they are interfacing with protocols such as MAVLink.

I have no issues with smoothness or latency... You seem to make this comment everytime someone wants to operate a ground station mission or remote from 4g... It works better than wireless and bube tooth. Maybe the earth is flat and 2+2=5 as well? Its no slower than any other wireless protocol and since all cellular networks are getting better coverage by the day... Not to mention 5g.. Then whats going to be the next reason? The parrot flys fantastic over 4g. There are also enterprise platforms that interface with DJI Protocols. Reminds me of when people ask for help at a store or at thier place of employment... The only answers they get are..."Not my job" instead of actual help. The question I asked is if anyone has done a 4g lte mod to a Mavic 2 pro. I didnt ask if 4g lte has a latency problem. I dont care either way as I fly missions with waypoints.
Thank You for that Statement!

Thank You for that Comment!
All the best mate!

Latency over most 4G networks is a few hundred milliseconds. It gets higher depending on utilisation.
Its 10s or even less direct wifi link.

So flying might be ok but smooth movements in flight are going to be horrible and in some cases, simply wont work.
Not true. How did you do the test? What network?

My typical ping between two 4g phones is between 80-100ms. This is back and forth, so one way is 40ms.

This is even true on 3G, if you keep it away from R99 mode. And this is also valid on some 4G. You have to stream a constant slow datarate to keep the link from switching down. It might be that to notice.

The thing is, that you need to use a punch through. Zerotier make this very easy though.

Thats said, I seen some 4G-networks having such long ping in africa. You might writing from there?

Back to the original question:
To hack accysunc is hard. The most effecient way would be to hack inte the usb port of the AC. There are also some hidden 4G functions in the SDK. It will take quite a lot of coding and reversing.
I suggest you wait for the 4g for the mavic3 to be available and sniff that. Probably the most time effecient way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos