DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - broken landing leg, DIY part replacement?

barney2x4

Reactions
Hi, guys!

I am usually not that impatient but I got my Mavic 2 Pro today. I was sleepy, I was impatient, I was stupid. Bottom line - I crashed it. The result are broken propellers and a broken landing leg on the front right arm.
The LED's wires were cut but (I think) the antenna's wire was untouched. I thought I would just buy a new leg and try to resolder or reconnect the LED, but I wanted to ask more experienced people than myself :
- the leg seems like a simple part, should I look for a OEM part or would any Chinese part do?
- is there anywhere I can order just the leg, no the whole arm itself?
- is there a way I can check the antenna connection for damage?

Thanks a lot guys!

- the leg seems like a simple part, should I look for a OEM part or would any Chinese part do?
- is there anywhere I can order just the leg, no the whole arm itself?
I've never seen a knock off Mavic 2 replacement leg. If you contact some shops that repair Mavics, you might get lucky and find someone who is willing to sell you just the leg. If you're not able to find one, here are a few places where you can buy the entire arm:

I've never seen a knock off Mavic 2 replacement leg. If you contact some shops that repair Mavics, you might get lucky and find someone who is willing to sell you just the leg. If you're not able to find one, here are a few places where you can buy the entire arm:
I already found them on AliExpress
But I was wondering...do I actually need the LED? I mean, I know its preferable so that it is more visible, but aside from that?

I already found them on AliExpress
That's an option too if you don't mind waiting ~25 days to receive it. It looks like you'd save about $15 that way. The only possible issue would be returning if it does not arrive in the expected condition.

do I actually need the LED?
The Mavic could fly with none of the LEDs attached. Whether or not you need them is really your call.

That's an option too if you don't mind waiting ~25 days to receive it. It looks like you'd save about $15 that way. The only possible issue would be returning if it does not arrive in the expected condition.
The Mavic could fly with none of the LEDs attached. Whether or not you need them is really your call.
Thanks! I got all my answers! :)
Ordering from China is sometimes slow, ordering from the US is more often than not too much of a hassle. As for Mavic spare parts in my country - they are hard to come by. Unless something pops up in the Facebook marketplace.

I'm in the same boat, I need the left rear arm. It snapped off at the body.of the drone. Any advise? The props work 6955769558E6D30959-1A32-4D92-8E57-C9A6AF1FD1E8.jpeg64DB19E2-3C19-4944-B677-58A5AB986119.jpeg

I'm in the same boat, I need the left rear arm. It snapped off at the body.of the drone. Any advise?
It looks like you might have broken more than the left rear arm.

Here are some options for fixing it:
  • If you have DJI Care Refresh, then sending it into DJI would be the best option.

• If you don't have DJI Care Refresh, your Mavic Pro is no longer under warranty (more than a year old), and you have the technical know-how to fix this yourself, you can find replacement parts on eBay/Amazon (or see this list).

• If you'd rather someone else fix it, you can find some repair shops here. If your Mavic Pro is still under warranty, it would be better to send it to an official DJI service center or authorized DJI repair shop so you don't void your warranty.

Hello, had a broken leg and successfully changed that. While getting the LED through the hole in the replacement I accidentally detached two wires. Since I have no soldering iron I just gave up and fixed the leg. Now I ordered the iron and ready to get back again and try to fix the LED. my question is that there are theee wires (2 white and black) I think I have one white attached and the other white and black both detached. I’m assuming black goes into middle? Any thoughts, does it even matter? Really nervous about making some wrong connection and short circuit the motherboard!
Obviously a newbie here so plz let me know what you think.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929