DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro crash cause solved

sweetcraver

Reactions
not long ago I posted a report of my crash into a bike rack after about a twelve second flight. Right after takeoff my drone e skimmed the ground, seemingly out of control, right into the first obstacle. The flight record showed the right stick had been in the lower right position the whole time, as it would have been for starting the motors.
Long story short, I discovered that my control rod was sticking in that position but only intermittently, making it hard to catch.
The cause was a loosening of the right control rod, causing it to rise a small amount on its threads. At the base of the rod is a flange that wedged under the rim of the housing when in extreme positions. Snugging it back down solved the problem.
The props needed replacing and the camera, which had been stuck in far left, went back into position after I pushed the gimbal down and twisted
Yes, I had been storing the controller with the rods in place.

Its not so important if you have the sticks in place when storing, but is the controller stored in a designed storage compartment for a controller with sticks.

Storing the joysticks screwed into their seatings on the controller is perhaps unwise.
I would be worried about something pressing on them hard enough to perhaps break the pivot assembly or break the pivot assembly away from its mounts inside the body of the controller.
I have seen controller cases on ebay with indents in the lid where it looks as if the lid has been pressed onto the ends of the joystick when the joysticks have been stored in that manner.
I am not talking about recesses included in the design of the case but 'damage' /squash-marks caused to the case lid.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sweetcraver not sure exactly which drone you have ,your title says Mavic 2 Pro, but you had posted it in the mini 2 forum ,so i have moved it for now

Reactions: sweetcraver

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka