DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro crashed with IMU switch - what went wrong?

SubsonicSmoof

Reactions
Hi,

my Mavic 2 Profall out of the sky into the ocean (not recoverable).

This were the last seconds of my drone:
The drone was about 200m height, the video transmission look suddenly as if my mavic went upside down. Then i lost the video transmission. The app told me that the aircraft is going to perform an autolanding, which i was not able to stop by pushing the sticks up. At almost the same moment the notice appeared, that the drone switched to backup IMU. 1-2 Seconds later the link between RC and drone was lost. It wasn't windy at this day.

I have no clear idea what happened with my drone. It would be great if someone could look on the logs an tell me what happened, before i loose my next drone.
Log at Phantomhelp - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Flight Record txt - DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-18_[16-44-33].txt
Flight Record dat - 2020-08-18_16-44-11_FLY023.DAT

Big thank you in advance.

I'm curious, does anyone know if the OP had been able to quickly switch over to ATTI mode, would he have had a chance to save the drone?

Sorry for your loss. Why were you flying so high?

Out of curiosity I looked to see what the legal altitude is in Germany and found, " Drones may not fly above 100 meters (328 feet) without a permit.
In controlled airspace, the maximum altitude allowed is 50 meters (164 feet). ... Drone insurance is required for all drone operations in Germany. Drones may not be flown within 1.5 kilometers or closer to an airport".

In the last fall of drone, it flipped and spun wildly. The drone has repetitively turned upside down in the process.

1598577851335.png

That was because catastrophic failure has occurred to the left front motor / prop. The speed of the motor went to maximum and yet it took very little current suggesting that it was not loaded. It appears that the prop was gone.

1598578042714.png

1598578138014.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NedKelly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS