DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Gimbal or Drone Problem?

dnewton

Reactions
I was recently on vacation with my Mavic 2 Pro which I've had for a couple of months with no problems whatsoever. When I first turned it on in the new location, it asked me to calibrate the compass, which I did. I had been flying perfectly for about 15 minutes when the picture on my smart controller started tilting to the right and back. It seemed like the drone was out of control and I thought that it was going to crash. I let it hover for a few seconds, then tried to move it to the left, and instead of flying to the left, it just tilted as if in FPV gimbal mode. I managed to yaw it to the left and headed back to the home point and landed safely. It did this again after an IMU calibration a day later.

When I got back home after vacation, it asked to calibrate the compass, which I did, and it's been flying with no problems since. DJI support was no help - they didn't even want to look at the log file. I've linked the log file here and the snippet of video where I was having problems. The problem starts at around 15m 30s as I'm flying back to the left towards the dock. Any ideas?

Log File
Link to video

Compass calibration request is normal since you travelled over 30 miles from previous location. M2 Pro will ask for a calibration if you have moved over 30 miles from last location or if it’s been 30 days from last calibration. Some folks seem not to get this request but I see it on both of mine.

Gimbal issue not sure about.

Occasionally I will see slight horizon tilt when I yaw. But it corrects usually.

You may have had a gimbal scramble which has been reported on this drone and other DJI products.

I would consider doing a gimbal calibration from DJIGO4.

Paul C

Yo tengo un problema similar con el Gimbal de mi Mavic 2 Pro.
A pesar de haber calibrado tanto la IMU como Gimbal, así como la brújula cada vez que vuelo... Parece que el problema no viene por ese lado, y más bién, observando y revisando historial de modelos anteriores, sigue siendo algo ha resolver también por DJI..
El famoso mensaje de "sobretensión en el Gimbal"
Sin motivo aparente, en cualquier modo ( P o Sport ) la cámara se vuelve "loca" y los movimientos del Gimbal son libres y erráticos sin responder a ninguna orden del Mando Radiocontrol...
Y por supuesto al realizar el aterrizaje, observo un elevado calentamiento, tanto en batería como en el Dron...
He reportado a DJI dicho problema ... Esperando respuesta.
--------------------------------------------------------
I have a similar problem with the Gimbal of my Mavic 2 Pro.
Despite having calibrated both the IMU and Gimbal, as well as the compass every time I fly ... It seems that the problem does not come on that side, and more like, observing and reviewing history of previous models, it remains something to solve by DJI ..
The famous message of "overvoltage in the Gimbal"
For no apparent reason, in any mode (P or Sport) the camera becomes "crazy" and the movements of the Gimbal are free and erratic without responding to any command of the Radio Control ...
And of course when landing, I observe a high warming, both in drums and in the Drone ...
I have reported this problem to DJI ... Waiting for an answer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure