DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 (Pro or Zoom) bottom mounted strobes?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I didn't realize exactly how popular the search term "Strobe" is on our forum. I've spent a couple of hours (yes hours) pouring over threads about strobes. I've ran them on the arms etc on previous Mavics but I'm wanting to put a more "360deg" option on the bottom of my M2Pro. The problem is all the sensors etc on the bottom of the aircraft leave very little room to mount much of a High Intensity Strobe that can be viewed in all directions "under" the aircraft.

What are our current 3M+ visibility versions being mounted UNDER the M2P?

So the other day someone posted this picture , but I am not sure its a viable solution .
It looks just to close to the sensors and the gimbal and will need to be protected when landing so hand catching or
landing gear needed with the Air 2.

This is the smallest I have seen on the Forum as even the small lume cube is bigger than this.

I am going to try it on the Mavic 2 Zoom as there is plenty of room at the top and a better fit than the air 2.
its going to need a Compression band that goes over the light itself with a cut out for the leds and the velcro both to secure it,
Screenshot 01-03-2021 23.19.25.jpg using a half inch compression band across the top where the light will fit.
Will have the light in a few days and than make the custom cut out.

Phantomarain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.
Screenshot 01-03-2021 21.55.32.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07 and VanP
I mounted a 360 one on the bottom of my Spark. Keep landing gear on all the time so clearance wasn't an issue. Every time it flashed, Ol Sparky went nuts. Altitude and speed readings jumped all over the place...even when hovering. Moved it on top...no prob-lamo.

Reactions: BigAl07
So the other day someone posted this picture , but I am not sure its a viable solution .
It looks just to close to the sensors and the gimbal and will need to be protected when landing so hand catching or

This is the smallest I have seen on the Forum as even the small lume cube is bigger than this.

I am going to try it on the Mavic 2 Zoom as there is plenty of room at the top and a better fit than the air 2.
its going to need a Compression band that goes over the light itself with a cut out for the leds and the velcro both to secure it,
View attachment 120785 using a half inch compression band across the top where the light will fit.

Phantomarain.org
View attachment 120777

Thanks for the info. I'll DEF look into that.

I mounted a 360 one on the bottom of my Spark. Keep landing gear on all the time so clearance wasn't an issue. Every time it flashed, Ol Sparky went nuts. Altitude and speed readings jumped all over the place...even when hovering. Moved it on top...no prob-lamo.

Ah very good information. I'll have to keep that in mind and test whatever I come up with.

Do you recall the brand/model of unit you used on your Spark?

Ah very good information. I'll have to keep that in mind and test whatever I come up with.

Do you recall the brand/model of unit you used on your Spark?
I went with one of these:
only complaint is that the switch is pretty flimsy. Doesn't "click" into on position and stay firmly. Other than that it does the job.

Last edited:
I went with one of these:
only complaint is that the switch is pretty flimsy. Doesn't "click" into on position and stay firmly. Other than that it does the job.

Thank you for the info.

View attachment 120785 using a half inch compression band across the top where the light will fit.

Phantomarain.org
View attachment 120777

Any updates on the strobe you ordered and have you tested it yet?

@Aerial-Pixel what do you have for mounting strobes downward?

After starting this thread I'm now wondering how effective any of the "circuit board only" strobes will be if mounted on the bottom of the aircraft if the aircraft isn't mostly directly over head? IE will a bottom mounted strobe even be visible from a slightly side angle?

No , amazon has not even shipped it yet, same with the Master Screw props. ugh.
I've ordered a pair of the Arc V from FHT. I'm going to mount one on the tailend and one behind the camera/gimbal and test to see if it causes any problems.

I've ordered a pair of the Arc V from FHT. I'm going to mount one on the tailend and one behind the camera/gimbal and test to see if it causes any problems.
On my M2Z I have a pair of ARC V’s on the front legs Port/Red, Starboard/Green. On the right rear leg I have the ARC XL white. Excellent visibility and can help with orientation of drone. The XL has a lost aircraft alarm that activates after 240 seconds of no movement by the drone.

On my M2Z I have a pair of ARC V’s on the front legs Port/Red, Starboard/Green. On the right rear leg I have the ARC XL white. Excellent visibility and can help with orientation of drone. The XL has a lost aircraft alarm that activates after 240 seconds of no movement by the drone.
I just ordered some for mine. I'm going to start with a single (bottom mount) ARC V white and a tail mounted ARC XL red.

We shall see :)

Great keep me posted I cannot believe how long shipping has taken, you might get your before me, thank you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

I just ordered some for mine. I'm going to start with a single (bottom mount) ARC V white and a tail mounted ARC XL red.

We shall see :)
Look at the ground below my drone with ARC XLs. If you have trouble mounting to the belly of your mounting on the arms will get you excellent visibility.... look at the ground below my M2P.

Look at the ground below my drone with ARC XLs. If you have trouble mounting to the belly of your mounting on the arms will get you excellent visibility.... look at the ground below my M2P.
Wow! That's impressive!

Did you utilize hard mounts or Velcro?

Impressive, all I could think of was .....Wow!!!! The Drone Police :p

They are in leg mounts on the front and arm mounts on the rear.... from our own @Aerial-Pixel who made them to front to accommodate my PolarPro landing gear.

Thanks TB. Appreciate the input.

My strobes are "shipped" (aka label created lol)

Reactions: Thomas B
I got these today:

Now i see why those mounts are so important:
Its going to be frustrating to use these without some kind of way to put these together. . weigh 0.2 ounces

Thomas B has the right idea; But i like the idea of the bottom mount so there not
so alarming or attention getting.

They are much brighter than the small lume cube .

Screenshot 01-15-2021 18.38.34.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21