DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro still photo dimensions size only 960x640?

York

Reactions
Hi every;
I just realized my Mavic 2 Pro still photo dimensions size is only 960x640. but by user manual the dimensions size should be 5472x3648. anyone know that?

Reactions: jbeam
The RAW file is that size but it is compressed data. When you open it in a real photo editor it will show the true size. Finder vs Lightroom

I just realized my Mavic 2 Pro still photo dimensions size is only 960x640. but by user manual the dimensions size should be 5472x3648. anyone know that?
You can't open a Dng file unless you have the right software.
Each dng file has a small preview jpg 960 x 640 built-in.
That's what you are seeing.
Unless you have software capable of reading dng files, you'll have to shoot jpg if you want full-sized images.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Hi every;

The 960x640 size is probably the JPG preview image embedded in the raw (DNG) file. If you inspect it in a DNG-aware browser (Finder, Explorer), you'll see the pixel dimensions of the DNG image. Otherwise, the browser only sees the JPG preview image. Also, you may have a DNG-aware program installed on your computer but it may not be set as the default program for DNG file type. In that case, double-clicking on a DNG file may open your dumb default browser.

Just to add to what has already been said a raw file is not a raster image(an image made from pixels) therefore doesn’t have pixels. A raw file is basically a blue print for a program to create a raster image from.

A vector image is another example of a non-raster image.

Reactions: BigAl07
Just to add to what has already been said a raw file is not a raster image(an image made from pixels) therefore doesn’t have pixels. A raw file is basically a blue print for a program to create a raster image from.

A vector image is another example of a non-raster image.

That is NOT correct. A RAW DNG file is a raster file. It's made of pixels - in this case 5472x3648. A vector file does not have pixels but points on coordinates that connect to other points by lines or arcs. Both have their pluses and minuses depending on what you intend for a final output.

You could think of a RAW as a digital negative (which is where DNG comes from). It is still an image. It has a much larger bit depth than a JPG. Just as a negative could be pushed and pulled much further than a print, so can the RAW file.

Reactions: Auklet
Hi

Can you please check what size of you file
If it is 960x640 it must be very
Small file size like 100-200 kB
But if this is RAW file it is must be
At least 5-10 mb

Can you please check what size of you file
If it is 960x640 it must be very
Small file size like 100-200 kB
But if this is RAW file it is must be
At least 5-10 mb
Compressed jpg files are that size, raw files are much larger.
The issue was explained back in post #3.

Guy you are absolutely right about size
But this is uncompressed size we hen you open it let say with Photoshop
But on the sd card it is compressed and has
Smaller size
This is straight from the SD card. If it's smaller than there is a probably a setting in DJI Go 4 that might need adjusted.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spawnn