DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro worth the upgrade?

Paulf10

Reactions
I have a Mavic Platinum Pro and also a Phantom P4. I’ve been thinking of getting a Mavic 2 Pro. Forgetting about the camera, is the M2P a big step up from the MPP? I say forgetting about the camera because to be truthful I lack the skills to take full advantage of the Hasselblad camera.
On the other hand I really like the idea of occusync 2. Of course I have no real idea of how much better that is than the MPP.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciate.
Thanks

Yes and no

Matter of preference. The M2P is definitely an upgrade however your MPP is no slouch and a great bird as well. If you do decide to upgrade now would be a good time to buy.

Let us know what you decide

Reactions: Paulf10
I have a Mavic Platinum Pro and also a Phantom P4. I’ve been thinking of getting a Mavic 2 Pro. Forgetting about the camera, is the M2P a big step up from the MPP? I say forgetting about the camera because to be truthful I lack the skills to take full advantage of the Hasselblad camera.
On the other hand I really like the idea of occusync 2. Of course I have no real idea of how much better that is than the MPP.

Thanks
I had the MPP and now have the M2Z. Same drone as the M2P that you are interested in, but with a different camera. If the camera is not a big factor for you then I honestly don't see the benefit in spending that money. Even if the camera was an issue, the camera on the M2P is still not as good as the one on the P4P.

The M2 does give longer flight time and has the the additional OA sensors. However the MPP has ample flight time and I never depend on the sensors anyway. The zoom feature on the M2Z is really nice and I do use that quite a bit. As for Occusync 2, I honestly see no real-life range or signal difference. In fact I did a test with both of them at the same spot and got a bit more range out of my MPP. One small thing that I really like on the M2 is the downward landing light for low light landing.

My recommendation if you are looking for some sort of upgrade is to upgrade from your P4 to a P4P. The camera is sooo much better than on the P4 or the M2.

Great reply guys! I really appreciate your honesty and objectivity!??????

When the M2P first came out I really didn't want to spend the additional dollars to upgrade. Now here it is over a year later and I finally decided to bite the bullet and get the M2. I think it was mainly the DJI Black Friday sale that got me thinking about it and so I hinted to my wife that I knew what I wanted for Christmas and she was good with it. :) Plus the additional $100 off from DJI DroneService was an additional incentive! My original Mavic Pro flies great but I have at times been disappointed with the video quality, especially in low light. I had thought about waiting for the Mavic 3 but went for the 2 instead. I'm looking forward to enjoying it at Christmas!

Reactions: Paulf10 and DDS
If you are not concerned with image quality then I wouldn't spend the money just for the drone upgrade. I still fly my MP occasionally but mostly fly the M2P because of the photo quality. I also have 2 P4P that I do think has a better camera for daylight but the Hyperlight on the M2P is amazing even if it only shoots in jpeg. I have gotten some incredible night shots with it and not having to rely on too much editing inpost.

Thanks
check news on possible announcement of mavic 3 prior to getting into the mavic 2 pro. mavic 3 may have all the M2P issues resolved with better video processor and proper 4K modes.
at this time right now M2Z is probably a better model to buy.

Reactions: Paulf10
I honestly wish there was some way I could express how grateful I am for these responses. Each and everyone, both pro and con, have really helped put things in perspective for me.

As much as I really wanted to buy a new drone, I guess logic will prevail.

Thanks

Reactions: spicciani2
check news on possible announcement of mavic 3 prior to getting into the mavic 2 pro. mavic 3 may have all the M2P issues resolved with better video processor and proper 4K modes.
at this time right now M2Z is probably a better model to buy.
W dji is hard to tell as to when any product will be available assuming they launch it. Still waiting on the phantom 5.
Now if they do release a m3p u looking @ a 2k+ price (most prob) vs the 1279 m2p price today

I bought the Mavic 2 Pro for the camera as I found the 1/2.3in sensor in the Mavic 1 Pro limiting and the 1in sensor is a bit improvement if you're post processing the files. However taking the camera out of it I probably wouldn't have upgraded from the Mavic 1 as the features on the Mavic 2 Pro are nice bonuses but not good enough on their own.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31