DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 remote no longer working with Android tablet

twotimer

Reactions
I was using the 8 inch ASUS Zenpad tablet (old Android 5.0) with my OG Mavic Pro without a problem.

However, when I tried it with the Mavic 2 RC (current DJI GO 4 from the PlayStore installed on the tablet), it just wouldn't detect the RC connection.

I always use the big USB-A port on the rear of the RC, left-side micro USB port is unplugged.

The same tablet+DJI GO 4 combo still works OK with the OG Mavic RC.

A couple of other mobile devices work fine with the Mavic 2 RC no matter which RC USB port I try.

It definitely has something to do with the tablet, but I am a bit puzzled why does it work fine the OG Mavic RC .

Have you got USB tethering enabled on the tablet ?

I've just noticed that no matter which cable I try, the tablet keeps jumping between charging/not connected, as if the two devices cannot negotiate the link parameters.

I therefore cannot change the tethering settings - the toggle is only active once the tablet "senses" the device.

It probably has something to do with the config of whatever Android version is running on the RC

I have a Samsung Note 8 (GT-N5110) that no longer works with DJI Go 4 due to the age of the Android OS (4.4.2), had to upgrade my tablet. As the DJI upgraded the Go 4 software it eventually quit working. Could be your problem?

I have a Samsung Note 8 (GT-N5110) that no longer works with DJI Go 4 due to the age of the Android OS (4.4.2), had to upgrade my tablet. As the DJI upgraded the Go 4 software it eventually quit working. Could be your problem?

Latest DJI GO 4 runs fine on the tablet (it has Android 6 on it). Like I said earlier, if I plug the Mavic 1 RC, GO4 launches automatically and links with the RC.

However, if I plug the Mavic 2 RC, it seems like the USB link is going through some connected/disconnected loop and GO4 is not starting / "sensing" the RC if started manually.

So the problem seems to be more hardware related for this particular device combo. Other mobile devices work fine with both M1 and M2 remotes (independent on which usb port I use on the RCs)

Latest DJI GO 4 runs fine on the tablet (it has Android 6 on it). Like I said earlier, if I plug the Mavic 1 RC, GO4 launches automatically and links with the RC.

However, if I plug the Mavic 2 RC, it seems like the USB link is going through some connected/disconnected loop and GO4 is not starting / "sensing" the RC if started manually.

So the problem seems to be more hardware related for this particular device combo. Other mobile devices work fine with both M1 and M2 remotes (independent on which usb port I use on the RCs)
try using other usb connector on the remote. it has 2.

It might be a permissions issue. You need to authorise in Android when you connect a USB device so perhaps worth looking into that...

Take a look at this information and look at the notes and see if anything strikes a note. When going from the MP to the M2 there have been displays that have not had the processing power when upgrading. NOT saying it is the problem but it is a possibility.
Make certain you look at the notes.

try using other usb connector on the remote. it has 2.

I surely know it does and I surely did tried using both.

It might be a permissions issue. You need to authorise in Android when you connect a USB device so perhaps worth looking into that...

As mentioned earlier, it doesn't even get to the stage when I could click some checkmarks - charging indicator constantly loops between charging/not charging, as if the RC constantly breaks and re-inits the USB link.

Take a look at this information and look at the notes and see if anything strikes a note. When going from the MP to the M2 there have been displays that have not had the processing power when upgrading. NOT saying it is the problem but it is a possibility.
Make certain you look at the notes.

Thanks for the link. I would expect to see some lack of processing power AFTER the RC and the tablet are linked and the DJI GO 4 is launched.

It seems like USB ports on M2 RC have some incompatible specs with the tablet – maybe trying to draw / supply unusual current?

Have you found a solution ? I have had the same problem with a galaxy tab 8 and M2 RC.

Have you found a solution ? I have had the same problem with a galaxy tab 8 and M2 RC.
I ended up buying used M2 remote with hardware revision RC1A. Version RC1B that my M2 came with was not compatible with my tablet.
The main reason for the swap was the hackability of the RC1A though.

thanks for the info. I didn´t know about these 2 different RC. Mine is RC1A, and I think the problem may have been something related to lacking of electric current needed to connect RC to this tablet. I solved this problem with a smaller android device: samsung A10. But, it´s necessary to keep the RC constantly plugged to an external battery, due to being impossible to prevent A10 from stop draining the RC battery - it is always in charging mode "on".

USB standards are that a USB A port is supposed to be able to provide 500mA of current. That's actually been a source of contention for us Android owners since there's no API function in native Android OS to disable charging, so our RCs drain faster than iOS. Conversely, 500mA that is all a mobile device should need (actually less) to establish USB data. The problem could be in how the tablet tests for charging current availability above 500mA.

I had a M2P with DJI GO 4 version 4.3.28 Tab S2 latest Android version Developer options enabled no problems connecting the App with the remote controller. I haven't flown the M2P for several months, I was going to use it last week but could not connect. The Tab S2 detected the connection and a percentage appeared ran up to about 70% then disappeared. The battery icon on the Tab S2 indicated charging, but disconnected from the R/C. I tried every cable combination nothing worked. I also noticed the App version had updated March 20 2020 to ver 4.3.32. Called DJI support they suggested I install the DJI APK Pure file 4.3.28 I did but still could not make the connection. I had read in an earlier post someone said they blew air in the Micro USB port on the Tab S2 and that worked for him. I didn't have a can of air around so I powered down the Tab S2 and used a dental tool to carefully scrape the USB contacts, and now have connected status. Also note the battery charging symbol is active when I connect the USB that is normal the percentage splash goes up to 100% and starts the DJI GO 4 app with connected status. I have not had the nerve to upgrade to the latest DJI GO 4 app but feel it will work, I remember in the troubleshooting sequence I tried to mount a USB memory stick in the Tab S2 did not detect it , and now it does. Hope this helps.

thanks for the info. I didn´t know about these 2 different RC. Mine is RC1A, and I think the problem may have been something related to lacking of electric current needed to connect RC to this tablet. I solved this problem with a smaller android device: samsung A10. But, it´s necessary to keep the RC constantly plugged to an external pbattery, due to being impossible to prevent A10 from stop draining the RC battery - it is always in charging mode "on".
Give the TabA a full charge before running on the MA2 controller. i was just out for a flight with new 1.1.5 and MA2 FW and all seemed fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters