DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 vs Mavic Pro Amazon Prime Day deal

ak6143

Reactions
Hi there Im new here and up to this point Ive just had sub $100 drones. Was originally looking at Mavic Pro until the rumors about Pro 2 came out and Ive been in a holding pattern. I was pretty sure Ide pull the trigger on the Pro 2 until this news about the Amazon Prime Day pricing for the Mavic Pro Fly more Combo came out. Just curious what folks think in choosing between the 2. Im not a pro videographer but higher quality is always better. Honestly my biggest hangup on the Mavic so far has been the gimbal which seems to me a little too delicate as well as the reviews Ive seen online where folks Mavics just got buggy and would no longer work etc. All I know is what Ive read so any feedback to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Im going diving with Great White Sharks at Guadalupe Island in October and was looking to purchase something to bring with.
Thanks

Hi there Im new here and up to this point Ive just had sub $100 drones. Was originally looking at Mavic Pro until the rumors about Pro 2 came out and Ive been in a holding pattern. I was pretty sure Ide pull the trigger on the Pro 2 until this news about the Amazon Prime Day pricing for the Mavic Pro Fly more Combo came out. Just curious what folks think in choosing between the 2. Im not a pro videographer but higher quality is always better. Honestly my biggest hangup on the Mavic so far has been the gimbal which seems to me a little too delicate as well as the reviews Ive seen online where folks Mavics just got buggy and would no longer work etc. All I know is what Ive read so any feedback to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Im going diving with Great White Sharks at Guadalupe Island in October and was looking to purchase something to bring with.
Thanks
Howdy from Wyoming @ak6143 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Just curious what folks think in choosing between the 2.
I think the Mavic 2 is going to be nothing short of amazing. There are still too many unknowns at this point though. For example, we don't really know which features will be included, how much more it will cost, or when it will be available. If you need a drone soon, this Amazon deal might be your lucky ticket.

Reactions: Wipster and Yam25
How bad do you want to fly? Will the “Mavic 2” be out later this year? Maybe in 2019? How long are you willing to wait for something that may come along at some point in the future.

My advice...and only me...take advantage of the Amazon deal...get your bird and enjoy your new MP now.

Last edited:
Go Mavic Pro .I wont be getting MP2.till i know all the main Glitches are , A mavic pro is a great forgiving drone to kick off your first Higher end flying and photography experience .
Tip .Learn how to fly it first before going in depth with camera .
Look here or on you tube to learn from others mistakes.
Think about the dji Refresh as an extra guarantee. Just my 5¢ worth.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I think the Mavic 2 is going to be nothing short of amazing. There are still too many unknowns at this point though. For example, we don't really know which features will be included, how much more it will cost, or when it will be available. If you need a drone soon, this Amazon deal might be your lucky ticket.
Thanks. Thats actually a good point about the timing. If the 2 doesnt come out til years end a bird in the hand and all..

Reactions: Marcos Ri
Don't purchase anything terribly expensive if you're going to dive with Great White Sharks.
;)
Ive got a large dive housing for SLR. My goal would be to keep the Mavic super dry! Just looking for some overhead shots etc. Trip was a gift to myself for my 40th so just looking to capture it in a few ways. Plus Im a big kid!

Reactions: Drgnfli and ZUCSTA
Ive got a large dive housing for SLR. My goal would be to keep the Mavic super dry! Just looking for some overhead shots etc. Trip was a gift to myself for my 40th so just looking to capture it in a few ways. Plus Im a big kid!
Actually I'm quite impressed with your daring, I had a shark fin appear off the bow of my kayak once and that was adventure enough!
Be safe and have fun!

Get the Pro now. The Mavic 2 is still in the rumor stage and if it follows the release of the original MP there will be production delays and a few glitches in the craft itself that will need to be worked out. By the time you crash or sink your Pro the MP2 will be ready for you.

Reactions: halifax
Get the Pro now. The Mavic 2 is still in the rumor stage and if it follows the release of the original MP there will be production delays and a few glitches in the craft itself that will need to be worked out. By the time you crash or sink your Pro the MP2 will be ready for you.
Good to know thanks. I wasn't really following this stuff much when the MP came out so didnt really know what its launch was like. DJI seems to be #1 in terms of production and size though. Are all their launches like that? The Mavic Air doesnt seem to have been so bad but again Im new to even paying attention so Im unsure.

Actually I'm quite impressed with your daring, I had a shark fin appear off the bow of my kayak once and that was adventure enough!
Be safe and have fun!
Ha. That would be scary. I paddle an 18ft chesapeake and ide crap my pants if that happened. Ive been skydiving multiple times, been to Everest base camp and have climbed n mountaineered all over. I cant sit still too long and my bucket list is bottomless. Hopefully the cages are built well. Now ladders on the other hand. I hate ladders.

Good to know thanks. I wasn't really following this stuff much when the MP came out so didnt really know what its launch was like. DJI seems to be #1 in terms of production and size though. Are all their launches like that? The Mavic Air doesnt seem to have been so bad but again Im new to even paying attention so Im unsure.
To be honest, I haven't followed DJI launches since the MP, but they botched that. I cancelled my DJI order when they did not ship as promised and instead bought from an authorized dealer (B&H Photo). I got it in a couple of days and they had a better return policy than DJI. It turned out that DJI would ship to their dealers first and single orders second. When they ran out of stock their single orders suffered. Hopefully they have learned lessons and are better now; perhaps that is why they delayed their new product announcement (MP2 ?).

Reactions: Underdog1964
Ha. That would be scary. I paddle an 18ft chesapeake and ide crap my pants if that happened. Ive been skydiving multiple times, been to Everest base camp and have climbed n mountaineered all over. I cant sit still too long and my bucket list is bottomless. Hopefully the cages are built well. Now ladders on the other hand. I hate ladders.
You'll have to become more comfortable with ladders if you wish to become a Drone Pilot!

Don't assume you're going to fly like a pro 2 minutes after starting the motors. So, don't wait until a few weeks before your trip before buying one.
Flying and operating a camera over water, hand catch and launch, etc, needs practice. There's different flight modes, video and photo settings, etc. Just keep that in mind.

It's funny how many people are willing to jump on board immediately when a new drone is announced. I've been a tech guy and an early adopter for all of my adult life, but the MP was my first drone. Based on it alone, I will NEVER buy a drone from anyone until it has been widely available for at least a year. I don't generally mind being a beta tester, but with drones, beta testing means flyaways and crashes - ie: completely lost investment. Unless you've got tons of money to burn, get the MP.

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke