DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Wet Suit collides head on with the Eastern Storm , Phantom takes a step back.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
When it comes to extreme weather flying , the phantom 4 had the edge flying do its better visual line of sight , however all of the video shot with the Zoom was useable and not so much for the phantom 4 as I had to always be adjusting camera angle so as not get snow on the lens or drops. With the Mavic 2 All of the footage shot was useable.

Even in High winds when the Mavic flew slanted , the gimbal remained true to the Horizon, with minor gimbal flipping.

Although the Phantom held up better in the wind, the footage was spotted with flakes, so the Mavic 2 was the clear winner when it came to taking video in the Snow and most likely in the rain.

Flying in the Snow is a great way to gain some confidence in the Mavic 2 Wet Suits.

Visibility was less than 900 ft on the Mavic 2

The zoom provided some scary moments , however it was only a ghost

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

Last edited:

STUFF2C

Reactions
I read that the props take a beating in the snow...?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

Inspirephil

Inspirephil
Reactions
Called him yesterday and I am going to be getting a couple sets at the first of the month for some winter flying. I am currently in the middle of buying a house so my moneys a little tight but asap I will get this for some peace of mind.
Here in Oregon we get a lot of rain and some occasional snow so purchasing this is going to be a good investment to keep my M2P high and dry in the future.
I wish they made something for the Inspire 2 as well?? Maybe later?? Just a thought ;)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

ff22

Reactions
I'd like to know how the various crevices around the gimbal, the camera etc fare with water/moisture entering those areas. Those various pivot points are not tight so that things can move freely up/down and left and right. But like Inspirephil, I live in the pacific northWET and that limits flying.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I'd like to know how the various crevices around the gimbal, the camera etc fare with water/moisture entering those areas. Those various pivot points are not tight so that things can move freely up/down and left and right. But like Inspirephil, I live in the pacific northWET and that limits flying.

One of the best things about the Mavic 2 Wet Suits is that they are hassle free.

You never have to worry if you have everything you need, its a good design and we posted
a video called Hassle Free on the Website.

Air tight battery covers and power button seals allow it to handle the storms with ease

Phantomrain.rog
Approved Vendor

2022-06-19_07h02_52.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntesla