DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 wouldn't land and went berserk on me.

Hand landing/catching is a skill every pilot needs to learn and practice. Even if you don't hand land regularly, it is a skill you will need at one point or another.

Reactions: Thomas B
"skill" is a nice word for catching something. Grabbing and holding things in your hand is the first thing you learn as a baby ?

Well, to make it very easy for everyone, turn off landing protection.

I've seen a video showing how you should try to grab you mavic. Maybe we should train for that emergency.

What I did tried was keeping your hand below it, after some time it will understand that's were the ground is and will allow landing.
the assumption was that whole logic associated with the rear sensors went wild and no longer operates as expected - preventing any landing at all, from what whole ordeal in this thread started.
for that you need to learn how to grab it quick and do a 90 deg roll. if sensors work - then it could be landed onto a ground to begin with.

"skill" is a nice word for catching something. Grabbing and holding things in your hand is the first thing you learn as a baby ?

Well, to make it very easy for everyone, turn off landing protection.
If you think there is no skill that needs to be learned and practiced there, you will be sorely mistaken (pun intended)

OP again. I did a night take off and landing a couple of times tonight, to see if the lack of ambient light was the cause but everything was fine. I think my lack of experience didn't help, as i was unaware of how to properly catch the thing and i especially didn't know about the flip to kill causing it to ramp up. I probably held it for a min or two longer than i needed. But in my defense i only got the drone late last yr, and its my first ever drone. Despite watching a bunch of training video's, most were geared towards the 107 and not actually flying.

But in my defense i only got the drone late last yr, and its my first ever drone.

Yes, and a LOT of those features are not mentioned anywhere in the manual, eg turning aircraft 90 degrees.
Youtube does have some great video tutorials though, most aren't geared to part 107.
Search Mavic 2 wiht terms like first flight, beginners, tips tricks, that sort of thing.
Keep you busy for a few hours or weeks :)

Is that because the controls are more intuitive that way? Or does it move forward adjusting for obstacles? Does it really move avoiding obstacles or it just not move on that direction?
Yes, it’s more intuigive facing away from you. Left, right, forward, reverse. Get in the habit of swinging it around when you land. It flies up if you aren’t careful approaching it from below.

Sounds to me like it wouldn’t land because you were too close to it, or your truck was.

sorry to hear of your troubles hope all ok now

I have found that when flying manual over grass , on my mavic 2 pro, I can see the height dropping but the display says it at the same height, as at when I started. I think its got something to do with the drone not being able to gather height data from the ground

I have found that when flying manual over grass , on my mavic 2 pro, I can see the height dropping but the display says it at the same height, as at when I started. I think its got something to do with the drone not being able to gather height data from the ground

There are two heights displayed - IMU height relative to takeoff point and VPS height above the ground. Which one are you referring to? Is the ground level?

Reactions: Thomas B
Someone didn't read the manual again ?
The "height" is from starting point. If you are closer to the ground, about 30 feet or so, the numbers on the right change to vps. That's the real distance to the ground measured by the sensors.

There are two heights displayed - IMU height relative to takeoff point and VPS height above the ground. Which one are you referring to? Is the ground level?
thanks

hi! did you have the gimbal clamp on? I accidentally left mine in my haste to get flying in low light conditions and the drone went berserk too. I noticed that message at the end of the error log...

Sounds like your AI formed a coup and staged a revolt.
Make sure you talk nice to it.
Good thing the props are not made out of aluminum.
I've been hit before and props do hurt a lot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_