DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom - Crash with trees

Chuampis

Reactions
Hi all! I hope you can help me.
A few days ago I was in Bariloche (Argentina) doing a flight in Active Track mode over Lake Nahuel Huapi.
Suddenly I see that the drone when rotating on the object it was following, is heading against some trees on the shore of the lake.
Immediately I tried to make him go up to avoid the collision, but he did not go up, and he ended up crashing into the trees.
After 45 minutes I found it (I never lost sight of it, but I couldn't see it in the trees).
Luckily in the Dji Go 4 app, it indicated the position, so I searched until I found it on top of a tree.
Fortunately I was able to rescue it, I only lost 1 propeller and another broke.

Does anyone have any idea that it may have failed? I have the flight log, but i dont understand that file.

Attachments

• IMG_9883.PNG
    IMG_9883.PNG
    9 MB · Views: 23
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-01-13_[18-18-51].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Hi all! I hope you can help me.
A few days ago I was in Bariloche (Argentina) doing a flight in Active Track mode over Lake Nahuel Huapi.
Suddenly I see that the drone when rotating on the object it was following, is heading against some trees on the shore of the lake.
Immediately I tried to make him go up to avoid the collision, but he did not go up, and he ended up crashing into the trees.
After 45 minutes I found it (I never lost sight of it, but I couldn't see it in the trees).
Luckily in the Dji Go 4 app, it indicated the position, so I searched until I found it on top of a tree.
Fortunately I was able to rescue it, I only lost 1 propeller and another broke.

Does anyone have any idea that it may have failed? I have the flight log, but i dont understand that file.
No cause can directly be found out from the .TXT log ... it only show the AC speeding up at 170sec in the middle of a Active track with a increasing negative roll up to 25 degrees & goes off in a toilet bowled flight path.

In order to perhaps see more the mobile device .DAT log is needed. Read up here on how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.) The correct one for this flight ends with FLY003.DAT, retrieve it & attach it in a new post here.

Reactions: Chuampis
No cause can directly be found out from the .TXT log ... it only show the AC speeding up at 170sec in the middle of a Active track with a increasing negative roll up to 25 degrees & goes off in a toilet bowled flight path.

In order to perhaps see more the mobile device .DAT log is needed. Read up here on how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.) The correct one for this flight ends with FLY003.DAT, retrieve it & attach it in a new post here.
Thanks for your answer! Im trying to find and download the DAT file. But i dont understand the guide.
i use iPhone to control drone.
Can you help me with the process?
In DJI ASSISTANT i only see a few flights...

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-02-01 184313.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2021-02-01 184313.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thanks for your answer! Im trying to find and download the DAT file. But i dont understand the guide.
i use iPhone to control drone.
Can you help me with the process?
In DJI ASSISTANT i only see a few flights...
You don't need DJI Assistant to retrieve the DAT log from your mobile device you flew with ...

Look here ...

1612216802390.png

You should have pressed the pause button on the controller, the X button on the APP's screen or switch the drone to sport mode to exit active track. Simply moving the sticks can exit hyperlapse but I doubt if it works on active track.

Last edited:
I cant believe it!!! My MCDatFlightRecords folder is EMPTY!!!! Now im trying reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app...
What model of RC do you have ... is it the RC1B (you find that out on the backside of the RC)?

It's been discovered that the M2 RC model RC1B don't produce DAT logs in the mobile device but RC1A do ... check this, & a couple post below it --> Mavic 2 pro's POSSIBLY not writing .DAT files to the phone but Mavic 2 Zoom does.

If you have the B variant it's a waist of time trying to reinstall GO4 ...

Reactions: slup
Reinstall the app and the folder still empty :(

Please help me!! :(
Well ... reinstalling the app will not bring anything that wasn't there to start with back, perhaps it fixes the reason for the DAT's not being saved/recorded but not so much more.

It's enough to power on your drone to get a DAT created (with you mobile device & RC connected to the AC of course...). Test that & see if any is created.

The old ones ... if it were any, are gone I'm afraid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929