DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom disconnecting

jasonrealmen

Reactions
Please help. My zoom has been disconnecting from the controller frequently over the past 3 weeks. Also started coming up with mag interference and imu issues. I’ve recalibrated compass and imu and installed latest updates to drone controller battery and app. Now it’s at the stage it won’t even connect to controller for more than few minutes. I can’t get response from dji support. I’ve owned the drone since new 2018 and it’s never been crashed or had any issues before this.
192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

Last edited:
Sorry there are not more Responses,
The easy fix is go back to the Assistant 2 and role backwards ,

I have yet to get that update but it looks like I am going to stay clear away from it.

Now with that said, always check your Cables, these break all the time, so that is the Go to for many.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 Zoom in the Rain / Snow

Reactions: NG Wildman
Please help. My zoom has been disconnecting from the controller frequently over the past 3 weeks. Also started coming up with mag interference and imu issues. I’ve recalibrated compass and imu and installed latest updates to drone controller battery and app. Now it’s at the stage it won’t even connect to controller for more than few minutes. I can’t get response from dji support. I’ve owned the drone since new 2018 and it’s never been crashed or had any issues before this.

Just confirming the aircraft is not connecting to the remote controller (not the phone/tablet)?

It looks more like the aircraft is at fault but there are many possible causes from power issues to loose connectors. If the aircraft is within warranty I would raise directly with DJI. If out of warranty and you are confident working with very small components you could check the connectors are firmly seated - they only need a little pressure on them.

The fact that you were able to install the firmware updates would indicate the Core board is operating ok.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hi
Did you resolve this issue....
I read this post with much interest, I also didnt use my M2 Zoom for a few months, then i had severe antenna and disconnect issues when I tried to fly. I tried in different locations and even tried my friends M2 which worked perfectly. I contacted DJI support and was given the details of DJI Service agent here in Thailand. They initially repaired the drone and sent it back. But the issue was even worse, now they have quoted $1000+ to replace the Core Board. I too dont understand why my Core Board would fail through lack of use.

I too have started getting constant disconnections since performing a firmware update recently and updating DJI Go 4.. Its got to the point thet i virtually keep it overhead and cant really use the camera as no display is shown.

Make sure your drone and remote control have a strong wifi signal. Fly the drone and the remote control in an open area and make sure they are not too far apart. Make sure that both the drone and remote control have sufficient battery levels. dlinkap.local Low battery levels can sometimes cause connectivity issues. Turn off the drone and remote control, then turn them back on again. This will reset the connections and can sometimes fix connectivity issues.

I have the exact same problem. I am flying my Mavic 2 Zoom here in Philippines, and there is almost no house or electricity nearby. So it is not a problem with interference.

I have bought a Smart Controller and have confirmed that it is the aircraft that is failing to make a 2.4 GHz connection. Even if I have the drone on the ground, I will frequently lose video connection if I leave the setting on Dual or 2.4GHz. But if I switch to 5.8GHz, then it can fly perfectly ok.

I also paid for the FCC mod to increase the transmission power, and I can fly with 5.8GHz only up to 500m straight up, and also 500m around my house, but of course 5.8GHz is not so good at longer distances (from what I understand.)

I have disassembled the unit a few times (trained EE) and cannot see anything obvious like a corroded antenna connection, so I am suspecting the forward leg antennae and thinking that I could try changing these quite cheaply and see if that would fix the problem.

Certainly the alternative to change the Core PCB is way too expensive to be worth the effort. ($337 from DJI, plus shipping and some complicated fan mounting.)

Anyone got any ideas that they can suggest? Perhaps someone crashed their drone and found the reception was reduced until they changed the front leg antennae??

Or did anyone try installing that old firmware and getting the reception back? But that is a long time ago now.

Thanks for any assistance or ideas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7