DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom even be able to takeoff after September 16 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know a very basic thing -- will my Mavic 2 Zoom even get six inches off the ground on the morning of September 17 ??

I assume DJI will enforce a mandatory update that will force me to connect to WiFi every time I attempt a takeoff so they can "verify" whether my bird has Remote ID compliance or not, right? If not, then my bird just sits there with flashing lights and the props not spinning!

I did not spend all this money on DJI drones for the past 10 years just so that government over-reach can force me to behave like I'm some kind of criminal and can't even fly a little plastic toy 20 feet over my backyard. This is FASCISM, folks!
Sell it for $500, and with that money buy a Preown Mavic Air 2S or invest in any newer drone out there. This was done to ID any knucklehead flying a drone and violating the FAA laws. Is not you, is them, the ones flying contraband over a penitentiary, the ones that will use it as a weapon aka Ukraine 🇺🇦. Haven't you seen the news lately?
Come on man stop wining, in the immortal words of Locutus of Borg!
“Resistance, is futile!

Probably not.
No ... you've missed the point that GPS cannot be turned off and won't be turned off, for you or for any drone users, or any other GPS user.
I don't believe GPS will be disabled either. That's silly. I'm thinking more like degraded. Or maybe there is something they can do to prevent a lock. Bottom line is I dunno
You got that point right.
You do not know, because you lack a basic understanding of how the GPS systems work.
And sadly, neither do you (even though you pretend like it). But yes, the way we all know how GPS works, makes sense we believe it can't happen. Unfortunately there might be a way we don't know about.
No ... many of us do know how GPS works, but you've shown quite clearly that you don't.

They probably thought that they would have had the updates done in time for the older drones.

More likely the ROI didn't work. Pretty much the same reason no one else is making them.

They have a short, small market. No economies of scale. If the rest of the world was on board at the same time, the economics are very different.

Reactions: anotherlab
Probably?
1. The GPS system is there for all users.
It cannot be disabled for any particular class of users.
2. The GPS system isn't going to be turned off at all.
Also DJI drones done pick up one "GPS" ... they receive signals from multiple ones. Galileo, Glonass, Beidou.

So you'd need multiple countries in on this.

SORRY BUT You are one of the MAJOR reasons the FAA is implementing the RID rules in Sept. So go to the mirror and start pointing and yelling

I must ask: Do you reside in the U.S. ?
If that answer is yes might I remind you that there are members here that work closely with the F.A.A. These members that work closely with the Gov. sign agreements that pretty much makes it mandatory to report your admission of Flying beyond line of site to the FAA -( sort of like a police officer when they observe a crime or a mandatory reporter in child welfare.) So I would be careful about admitting a crime on an Internet Forum.

This is NOT accurate in the least. There isn't any "members working with the Govt" here and reporting back to the FAA. While it's entirely possible someone from the FAA (not only possible it is a fact and they don't hide it) it's not those private members who liaise with the FAA who are reporting this. Actually, merely "saying" you fly BVLOS isn't going to get anyone's attention. Way too many people "barking" about that.

One thing that is possible is that ANYONE can submit a claim to the FAA for supposed illegal flights which "could" initiate an investigation but "merely" talking about flying BVLOS isn't even going to raise much of an eye brow tbh.

Let's be factual and accurate when we make such statements because FACTS MATTER.

Ok gang. This thread went WAY off track and it seems many of us can't "Play Nice".

Being NICE is a fundamental part of our Community and is mentioned MANY times in our Community Rules.

We take BEING NICE very serious on our forum. Take a moment to Re-Read the Community Rules. Pay special attention to the following items:

(first paragraph)
...and above all - be nice
(second paragraph)
When you see bad behavior, please don’t reply as It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just report it and we will review it and take appropriate action.

2. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable

and study this one VERY closely:
14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

Sorry but . . .
THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N