DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Remote Controller with non-commanded Take off Failure

silverdragon

Reactions
I just want everyone to know that my Remote Controller went a bit wonky.... When I pull both sticks down (out or in) the AirCraft takes off Automatically to a 3 ft hover. Just a warning. Components in the RC also wear. Also I would like to mention sometimes when I start up the RC it error with a constant beeping with a Center the stick error. It may be the RC has seen its days of use. Keep in mind that I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom when it first came to America and i flew it just about everyday since. Sometimes several times a day.. Do the math.

Last edited:
I just want everyone to know that my Remote Controller went a bit wonky.... When I pull both sticks down (out or in) the AirCraft takes off Automatically to a 3 ft hover. Just a warning. Components in the RC also wear. Also I would like to mention sometimes when I start up the RC it error with a constant beeping with a Center the stick error. It may be the RC has seen its days of use. Keep in mind that I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom when it first came to America and i flew it just about everyday since. Sometimes several times a day.. Do the math.

Extremely weird, but it is a weird world. Odd that it does a auto take off as that is controlled by App. A arm shouldn't even think about lifting off without instruction...really crazy. Center stick could have been a cal issue, but as you said you have "Flown the crap outta her" :) Even though it is out of warranty I am sure DJI engineers would like to see that CSC auto takeoff thing if you have a video of it. ;)

UPDATE: I have done a Remote Controller Calibration and it has not done a non-command auto take off. But I forgot to mention that before this N-C take off, the RC did give me the center the stick error with beeping for several months prior and Calibrating would fix it for a month or two but i would have to do a stick calibration when the error cropped up again. Now theres 2 on going issues. #1 Center the stick when powering up controller error #2 non-commanded take off.. How many people would just retire the RC and get a new one or do a RC Calibration and hope for the best?

UPDATE: I have done a Remote Controller Calibration and it has not done a non-command auto take off. But I forgot to mention that before this N-C take off, the RC did give me the center the stick error with beeping for several months prior and Calibrating would fix it for a month or two but i would have to do a stick calibration when the error cropped up again. Now theres 2 on going issues. #1 Center the stick when powering up controller error #2 non-commanded take off.. How many people would just retire the RC and get a new one or do a RC Calibration and hope for the best?

Since you have nothing to loose , refresh and get all the updates maybe even go backwards, you can learn a lot from that.. Seems to me that may be a software problem.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.

Since you have nothing to loose , refresh and get all the updates maybe even go backwards, you can learn a lot from that.. Seems to me that may be a software problem.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.
Thanks for your input, you always have good advice. I nailed it down to the remote controller I will use it until the non-commanded take off crops up. When it does I'm opted to get a new remote. I used the heck out of the remote and internal components do wear ( like me) boy I ache at times....any hoot, I have to do what's right and most importantly consider the safety of other and me of course....

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Send it to DJI..They have their regular 65 dollar fee but the rest of the parts in the controller are fairly cheap. They'll just send you a new controller. In my opinion unless the controller has been abused there is no reason for it to fail. Anyway that was my argument to DJI and they ended up sending me a new Mavic Air 1 and controller. 90 bucks. The drone had flown 500 plus flights.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter