DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 APAS test at golden hour + Dlogs - Video

WOW. On several levels. Beautiful place, beautiful video, beautiful flying. Impressive demonstration of APAS.

The color grading and editing are very nice, but I'm focused now on the APAS tests. Are the clips flying through the trees at actual speed and 1X zoom? Have you done similar flights with drones other than the Mavic 3? Did you override the APAS maneuvers at all?

I don't think I could have avoided hitting reverse in a few of those situations. I was reaching for the right stick just watching the video. You must have particularly steely nerves, lots of confidence in APAS on the ME, and/or a huge drone budget.

Thanks very much for sharing this.
LOL. Well. Everything was in 1X main camera. You cant fly 5.1K with the zoom camera on. Only 4K. I did similar flights with my M2P and just stop and is not able to bypass like the M3.

I do not override the APAS just keep the stick forward and APAS did the rest for me. Works great.

Not deep budget. I am a salaried state employee. Just droneaholic LOL. I have 2 years to pay this drone.
I need to mention that I have over 20 years in the R/C Airplanes, Helicopters hobby and about 7 with drones.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
WOW. On several levels. Beautiful place, beautiful video, beautiful flying. Impressive demonstration of APAS.

The color grading and editing are very nice, but I'm focused now on the APAS tests. Are the clips flying through the trees at actual speed and 1X zoom? Have you done similar flights with drones other than the Mavic 3? Did you override the APAS maneuvers at all?

I don't think I could have avoided hitting reverse in a few of those situations. I was reaching for the right stick just watching the video. You must have particularly steely nerves, lots of confidence in APAS on the ME, and/or a huge drone budget.

Thanks very much for sharing this.
Thank you !!!

I do have a new level of awareness since I have seen these gators stand up out of the water to take down a drone but that zoom is going to allow for some distance to get a nice captures.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Wow! I have a few gators in my lake! Had no idea they would attack a drone. I'll make sure to keep it a few meters off the surface. I also make sure that the lake has wave action or like others have said when water is mirror-like, it can fool any obstacle avoidance system. I remember reading when I was considering a seaplane rating, that landing a plane on the water when it's like glass, is one of the most hazardous and difficult situations for a pilot.

In the video, most of the shots were taken in D-LOG. Just the ones at the end were in normal mode with no color corrections straight from the camera. Unbelievable.

For the D-Log I use premiere pro REC709 Lut + I did some color corrections on top of it.
My favorite is Davinci Resolve but with the DJI LUT specific for the Mavic 3. The problem is that the Free version from Davinci does not allow you to save the video in 5.1K or stabilize the color. You can download the Free Mavic 3 LUT from here. DJI Mavic 3 D-LOG LUT

I ordered Davinci Resolve 17 Studio and is coming tomorrow. I will try to see the difference.
So, you spend $3k on a drone optimized for FCPX or other high end editing software and you are actually using free editing software? Interesting.

That’s an awesome location you flew in, just picked up my M3 a couple days ago. Haven’t flown it yet the Fly App is driving me nuts. I bought this drone to replace my Inspire 2, I know what the 4/3rds sensor can do. Now I’m getting 5.1k verses 4, gives even more flexibility in post.

Good luck with your 3 bud, cheers.

So, you spend $3k on a drone optimized for FCPX or other high end editing software and you are actually using free editing software? Interesting.

That’s an awesome location you flew in, just picked up my M3 a couple days ago. Haven’t flown it yet the Fly App is driving me nuts. I bought this drone to replace my Inspire 2, I know what the 4/3rds sensor can do. Now I’m getting 5.1k verses 4, gives even more flexibility in post.

Good luck with your 3 bud, cheers.
Davinci is free but very powerful. In-color grading is more powerful than Adobe Premiere Pro IMO.
I have the Davinci Studio 17 version now because of the 10-bits DLOGS and now I can export in 5.1K. The free version is limited to 4K and 8bits. Also, the free version does not use the full potential from the GPU when rendering.

I own as well Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 that is really good as well but I feel that Davinci is better for color grading, audio editing all build in one software.

Davinci is free but very powerful. In-color grading is more powerful than Adobe Premiere Pro IMO.
I have the Davinci Studio 17 version now because of the 10-bits DLOGS and now I can export in 5.1K. The free version is limited to 4K and 8bits. Also, the free version does not use the full potential from the GPU when rendering.

I own as well Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 that is really good as well but I feel that Davinci is better for color grading, audio editing all build in one software.
Hmm, interesting. What computer are you using?

Ryzen 9 5950X, 128GB, RTX 3070.

Nice, are you able to have full res in your editing window? I can’t edit without full res, so when I crop I can see if the focus is perfect.
Yes, I can but usually, I use Half for better performance. Full take some time until render but is not that bad.

Reactions: GrimtheViking
This video is not public yet, probably in two days but was made in Davinci 5.1 50fps
Ya that’s some nice shoots indeed. There is no way D-Log is needed, good job. Try cropping the fella in the canoe for ***** and grins, like start up close then crop out wide like a reveal shot? Good choice of music too.

Ya that’s some nice shoots indeed. There is no way D-Log is needed, good job. Try cropping the fella in the canoe for ***** and grins, like start up close then crop out wide like a reveal shot? Good choice of music too.
I was thinking of that but I prefer to keep it original just o show nothing was edited. No color has been modified. Is just the right light at the right moment. Just the canoe shot was kind of dark since the golden hour was gone but I kept original. Even when that you can not notice any noise.

Then again cropping the guy in the canoe might give too much screen movement to fit with the rest of the content?

Then again cropping the guy in the canoe might give too much screen movement to fit with the rest of the content?
Do you want to take a look at the original files? I uploaded everything to my google drive. You are welcome to download and play with it. Upload results to see what you can do. That will be fun.

Do you want to take a look at the original files? I uploaded everything to my google drive. You are welcome to download and play with it. Upload results to see what you can do. That will be fun.

I’m just running off wifi, can you post a link or tell me which file has the guy in the canoe?

is DJI_0048.MP4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929