DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 battery question- use P4P battery to charge M3 battery??

jephoto

Reactions
Just had an odd thought. I’ve read about people using older DJI batteries to charge other things while they’re in the field.

Making use of some thing they already have on hand. Now that I have the Mavic three and won’t be using my phantom four pro V2 as often, I was wondering if there was any way to make an adapter to charge an M3 battery from one of my P4P batteries. Anyone have an idea if it’s even possible?

I haven’t taken a close look at the voltage specs between the two batteries to see if the P4P battery is strong enough.

There could come a point in the future when I know pop for one of those expensive large battery packs chargers, but for now, could be handy just to be able to plug one in to an existing battery while I am in between locations. Plug one into the car, one into an existing battery…

Just spit balling

It is not a good idea. Discharging one battery into another will stop with each battery at half power if they are roughly the same capacity. Also, the smart battery functions in one or the other battery may not co-operate at all.

Ok - figured it probably wouldn't work. As I said, just spitballing....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin