DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 color shifting in white balance / color tint

Good to know. So it is likely a hardware defect and not something firmware can fix.
Hope so, I'll let you guys know if the issue is solved when my unit is back.

Hope so, I'll let you guys know if the issue is solved when my unit is back.
Good luck!

I think, even if they summarized the estimated repair costs, you'll get a new unit. I had 3 support cases in the past, everytime they quoted the repair costs (on warranty or my fault) I got a new unit instead of repaired.

edit: by the way ... i'm a little jealous of the subjects you can photograph. these big pots are really amazing ;-)

Good luck!

I think, even if they summarized the estimated repair costs, you'll get a new unit. I had 3 support cases in the past, everytime they quoted the repair costs (on warranty or my fault) I got a new unit instead of repaired.

edit: by the way ... i'm a little jealous of the subjects you can photograph. these big pots are really amazing ;-)
Thanks for the reply. I hope my 'new' drone is delivered at the end of this week. I'll let you know if its repaired or replaced ;)

Thanks. I love to photograph those large containerships :)

I am having this same issue. Also more noticeable after processing in ACR PC Win10 updated. These are straight from the jpg. No filter & doesn't matter the angel of the sun.
1637696622080.png
1637696659856.png
Cheers, Jon

I am having this same issue. Also more noticeable after processing in ACR PC Win10 updated. These are straight from the jpg. No filter & doesn't matter the angel of the sun.
View attachment 138937
View attachment 138938
Cheers, Jon

You have indeed the same issue. Send it back to DJI.
My replacement is out for delivery for tomorrow. I'll test it later this week to see if the new unit doesn't have the issue.

You have indeed the same issue. Send it back to DJI.
My replacement is out for delivery for tomorrow. I'll test it later this week to see if the new unit doesn't have the issue.
Thank, I would like to know if that fixed it ... mine can be cross shipped from B&H.

Cheers, Jon

Just got through with B&H & DJI ... my return is authorized & have another on the way :)

Cheers, Jon

Just got through with B&H & DJI ... my return is authorized & have another on the way :)

Cheers, Jon
Sounds good Jon. Let me know if the new unit have the same problem ;)

Reactions: GtoJon
Good luck!

I received indeed a new unit instead of 'repaired' unit. So I'm gonna test it tomorrow. Someone told me even when his unit was replaced, the new unit has the same issue :(... So fingers crossed for my unit. I'll let you know tomorrow guys!

Reactions: GtoJon
I tested the new unit today and guess what...

Schermafbeelding-2021-11-25-om-10-28-00.png

Same picture but set vibrance to +100 in Lightroom to see the issue even more:
Schermafbeelding-2021-11-25-om-10-28-08.png

What do you guys think? Wait for the January firmware update or send it back, again?

Oh dear ... what a bummer ...
Guess there may be a charge with these problems and you got supplied with it or you are quite unlucky. It's like with the soft corners with my M2P.

Shabby QA.
@flyliedutch Send it back, that's some hardware issue. It's something going on with the coating on the sensor, lens or some other part related to that. I wouldn't want to fix that in post everytime. But ask you, if you paid 2k Euro for this?

Oh dear ... what a bummer ...
Guess there may be a charge with these problems and you got supplied with it or you are quite unlucky. It's like with the soft corners with my M2P.

Shabby QA.
@flyliedutch Send it back, that's some hardware issue. It's something going on with the coating on the sensor, lens or some other part related to that. I wouldn't want to fix that in post everytime. But ask you, if you paid 2k Euro for this?
I gonna send it back again. This is so frustrating :(

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I'm getting the same horrible results. Will try shooting with and without filters tomorrow.

Attachments

• DJI_0128.jpg
    DJI_0128.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • DJI_0137.jpg
    DJI_0137.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • DJI_0145.jpg
    DJI_0145.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 15
Flew mine just a few minutes ago to see if I have that issue. Took some pics of a clear blue sky, and then some straight down of a snow-covered soccer field. Not seeing it. Thankful for that on this Thanksgiving Day. Feel bad for those that experienced this issue and the M2P ones when it came out. Was lucky that one was OK for me too.

I created a case via the support website of DJI and my drone is on its way back. Curious what they will do next…
I'm getting the same horrible results. Will try shooting with and without filters tomorrow.
you have the exact same issue. Adding or removing filters will not help. Sorry but you have to return it too I’m afraid.

Reactions: mischakeijser
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000