DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Images/Video BLAH

bkushner

Reactions
Well I'm sure I'll take on heavy fire here as everyone sings the praises of the Mavic 3 but this is just my opinion. When I saw my images and video I was underwhelmed. I then saw that the Mavic 3 is using the SAME CAMERA as the Mavic 2 Pro and I didn't like that camera at all. When I bought the MP2 I was hoping to get rid of my Phantom 4 V2 and have the one drone but I couldn't. The video was no where near as good as the P4P. Then came the Air 2S and I got rid of my MP2 and my P4P and was very happy with the images and videos from the Air 2S. Now I find myself back to where I was a few years ago. I don't think my video is as good as the Air 2S. If it is I can't see it. Right now the ONLY thing I like about the Mavic 3 is the flight time. I'm getting 30 of the 45 they say I should. On the Air2S I get about 17-20 that's it. Other then that the size, weight, costs etc of the Mavic 3 just don't seem justified. Don't understand why DJI went with an old camera in a new drone, especially one that a lot of folks didn't like when it came out. I'd be happy with the Air2S camera in the M3...now I have to decide whether to return this $3000 beast and stay with my Air2S...Queue the abuse...ha.

Well I'm sure I'll take on heavy fire here as everyone sings the praises of the Mavic 3 but this is just my opinion. When I saw my images and video I was underwhelmed. I then saw that the Mavic 3 is using the SAME CAMERA as the Mavic 2 Pro and I didn't like that camera at all. When I bought the MP2 I was hoping to get rid of my Phantom 4 V2 and have the one drone but I couldn't. The video was no where near as good as the P4P. Then came the Air 2S and I got rid of my MP2 and my P4P and was very happy with the images and videos from the Air 2S. Now I find myself back to where I was a few years ago. I don't think my video is as good as the Air 2S. If it is I can't see it. Right now the ONLY thing I like about the Mavic 3 is the flight time. I'm getting 30 of the 45 they say I should. On the Air2S I get about 17-20 that's it. Other then that the size, weight, costs etc of the Mavic 3 just don't seem justified. Don't understand why DJI went with an old camera in a new drone, especially one that a lot of folks didn't like when it came out. I'd be happy with the Air2S camera in the M3...now I have to decide whether to return this $3000 beast and stay with my Air2S...Queue the abuse...ha.
It is going to be a hard pill to swallow if that is the case . Just so I am clear are we talking about the video straight out of the camera or after color graded with a lut ? Can you post some examples as that might go a long way.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Capture the Storm.

Reactions: Droniac

what are you talking about?

It is going to be a hard pill to swallow if that is the case . Just so I am clear are we talking about the video straight out of the camera or after color graded with a lut ? Can you post some examples as that might go a long way.

Keep in mind that there is an update to come in January , that could make some changes from what your seeing now.
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Capture the Storm.

I then saw that the Mavic 3 is using the SAME CAMERA as the Mavic 2 Pro and I didn't like that camera at all. ... Don't understand why DJI went with an old camera in a new drone, especially one that a lot of folks didn't like when it came out.
The M2 and M3 don't have the same camera.
Why do you say that they do?

Not sure about abuse, but people are going to point out that you have no idea what you are talking about.

The M2P has a 1 inch sensor, while the M3 has a 4/3 sensor, which has approximately twice the area. The M2P video is 4k 30 fps @ 100 Mbps, while the M3 video is 5.1k at up to 50 fps and 200 Mbps or 4k at up to 120 fps, with ProRes.

Not remotely the same camera.

Not sure about abuse, but people are going to point out that you have no idea what you are talking about.

The M2P has a 1 inch sensor, while the M3 has a 4/3 sensor, which has approximately twice the area. The M2P video is 4k 30 fps @ 100 Mbps, while the M3 video is 5.1k at up to 50 fps and 200 Mbps or 4k at up to 120 fps, with ProRes.

You do realize there is a difference between Sensor and Camera right?

Actually might be incorrect about the camera......the M3 is a L2D-20c and the M2 is a L1D-20c - I misread it.. Either way I'm not happy with the video...

The sensor is an integral part of the camera.
What part of the camera are you suggesting is the same?
Well they are both integeral. You can have an amazing camera and a bad sensor and vice versa. The camera is a Hassalblad..I believe the sensor is made by Sony. DJI Mavic 3's customized L2D-20c aerial camera embeds a professional-grade 4/3 CMOS sensor..

You do realize there is a difference between Sensor and Camera right?
I think you should just stop digging. The camera comprises the lens, shutter and sensor. The entire package is new.
Actually might be incorrect about the camera......the M3 is a L2D-20c and the M2 is a L1D-20c - I misread it..
Actually you are incorrect, there is no "might be" about it.
Either way I'm not happy with the video...
Why? And based on your comments about the M2P and the Air 2S, do you know how to process video?

I think you should just stop digging. The camera comprises the lens, shutter and sensor. The entire package is new.

Why? And based on your comments about the M2P and the Air 2S, do you know how to process video?

No I don't.

So, different sensor, different lens, different shutter, different gimbal, different package = same camera?

blah blah blah, don't buy it if you don't like it. I love mine and the pictures are great after only one day's use to test it.

Everyone has the right to have there own opinion, period . If you are unhappy with a product that's it. It won't be better if someone come and tell the opposite . By the way I'm not impressed either of Mavic 3...
Of course everyone has a right to their own opinion, I’ll never argue with you on that. For whatever reason, if you don’t like the resulting M3 video, that’s your opinion and I respect that. But let’s not confuse opinion with fact. No one has a right to make up their own facts. You didn’t, but the original poster did!

Thanks for the post. I bought an Air2S a month ago. I’m happy with it! I have no experience with the Mavic 3, but I had doubts about the extra cost and weight being justified. I will be following this thread 🧵

To my
Everyone has the right to have there own opinion, period . If you are unhappy with a product that's it. It won't be better if someone come and tell the opposite . By the way I'm not impressed either of Mavic 3...
I will stick to my M2P , the video I see on my large screen TV is amaasaaaazing

blah blah blah, don't buy it if you don't like it. I love mine and the pictures are great after only one day's use to test it.
How do you not like it if you don't buy it. ?????
Everyone has their own opinion and are allowed to voice theirs.
Opinions can serve others and guide them.
That's what this forum is here for.
I was thinking about buying a Mavic 3 but I am a Hobby Flyer and DJI have priced themselves out of the Hobbyist.
Flymore Combo here is au$4100. No longer a Hobby but for the Proffessional only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d