DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 landings after Drone-Hack

Good way to lose your drone

My friend flew his M3 with DH firmware higher than you did. Some wind & height warnings but the drone flew perfectly fine. It was always in Normal mode.

Max altitude indicator is limited to 3150m (like the 1000RR motorbikes that don go past 299), the M3 has enough juice to climb higher, around 4K or so, but it won't update the alt indicator.

Temperature descends around 6.5ºC every 1.000m, so if the ground temperature is around 20ºC, going much higher than 3Km means frost can build on the props and say goodbye to the drone.

For the wind, pay attention to the attitude indicator inside the compass and the wind warnings, there are some apps where you can check the wind speed at high altitudes, if the wind/gust speed is higher than the drone max speed it will drift, around 60Km/h for the M3.

Also flying in high wind is a battering to the props, motors and battery, I'd avoid it unless it's worth it for the pic.

If the drone falls it will achieve its terminal velocity really quickly, so despite the gravity pulling the drone at 9.81m/s² it doesn't matter if it falls from 100 or 3000 meters, just avoid flying over people.

Last edited:
Max altitude indicator is limited to 3150m (like the 1000RR motorbikes that don go past 299), the M3 has enough juice to climb higher, around 4K or so, but it won't update the alt indicator.

Temperature descends around 6.5ºC every 1.000m, so if the ground temperature is around 20ºC, going much higher than 3Km means frost can build on the props and say goodbye to the drone.

For the wind, pay attention to the attitude indicator inside the compass and the wind warnings, there are some apps where you can check the wind speed at high altitudes, if the wind/gust speed is higher than the drone max speed it will drift, around 60Km/h for the M3.

Also flying in high wind is a battering to the props, motors and battery, I'd avoid it unless it's worth it for the pic.

If the drone falls it will achieve its terminal velocity really quickly, so despite the gravity pulling the drone at 9.81m/s² it doesn't matter if it falls from 100 or 3000 meters, just avoid flying over people.
interesting to know all this, but isnt the altitude calculated by a barometer ??? why it display to 3150 only???
older mavic pro or mavic2 pro seem to hit record altitudes up to 9000 m but still display altitude
here is a video for example
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
My friend flew his M3 with DH firmware higher than you did. Some wind & height warnings but the drone flew perfectly fine. It was always in Normal mode.
am not saying drone hacks cannot fly higher.. drone hacks is a perfect update no doubt
what really happened with me was anti drone warfare , i was lucky i reacted on time and flew back....
i logged my flight on airdata and guess what according to log i flew 150km in 15min o_O:(
the drone when was jammed reported the coordinates of an airport 75km away then as i descended and flew back once i was 100m altitude and engaged normal again it showed me flying next to home point...
i have the record of flying the longest range of a mavic 3 and fastest mavic 3 at the speed10 km per minute that is 0.5 mack :cool::)
not to forget the battery landed with 65% or more... i could have made 300km safely;):rolleyes:

Last edited:
hi again , in most of the videos that show adding the atti mode to the mavics most if not all show adding the atti mode inplace of cine mode , i my self did that too ... but after thinking things back cine mode settings are usually slow and ment for a pro smooth video, but atti mode is usually to fly out of trouble so need to be faster , in drone hacks parameter hack page only shows or enables editing speed for sport and normal. not cine that are default and maybe inherited to the atti???
so is there any trouble that affects the drone if the atti is inplace sport mode so atti parameters can be edited for faster speeds???

believe me the drone was not responsive at all the second all those warnings poped up . for about 10 seconds it went drifting to the back with no response not to yaw neither to tilting forward ... it was not too far away the connection was perfect ... once i applied atti i got every thing running fine under control no warnings not even 1 strong wind warning though i left the sticks and though i was inputing throtle down... i just flew back
For what its worth, I've had the same thing happen. It often has a mind of its own out of now where, throws errors like low battery or high wind (batt was at 96%) and the only way to get any control back is to switch in and out of Atti mode. Its almost crashed twice and Its really unfortunate. This firmware can't be trusted and seems really really buggy and doesn't do all its supposed to. I'm going back to the original firmware. Bummer I paid for this and that it acts so flakey while also showing your position in the drone apps. If anyone ever finds a solution, let me know. DH isn't being much help as you all know.

For what its worth, I've had the same thing happen. It often has a mind of its own out of now where, throws errors like low battery or high wind (batt was at 96%) and the only way to get any control back is to switch in and out of Atti mode. Its almost crashed twice and Its really unfortunate. This firmware can't be trusted and seems really really buggy and doesn't do all its supposed to. I'm going back to the original firmware. Bummer I paid for this and that it acts so flakey while also showing your position in the drone apps. If anyone ever finds a solution, let me know. DH isn't being much help as you all know.
i have flown this fw 10 times so far , including the 2 tests i mentioned here, dronehacks mod doesnot seem too bad, ireally need it for altitude restriction and its worth it i think, the only time i had trouble was i really believe from an external factor am sure

It does what it's supposed to do in my unit, and have flown it with the hack since the end of January, so it's been around 150 flights with it.

this drone hack mod left me searching 10 times more than ever about the mavics and how they work...out of curiosity and test i downloaded the cia jeep tool to see if the hacked drone really hides its id , the drone hacked mavic 3 i have seems to show drone id as 1111111 so theoratically this means it is not as advertised but i dont care for this feature, now on another hand i tested an old air2 a friend has but never updated its old fw , i did the ciajeep tool disable id for this air2 the id became 000000000000 and did not change back to 11111, he does not need that feature too but we were just testing, so maybe not every thing dh advertises is true or maybe its true but the cia jeep tool is older ,

Reactions: Bobby Kane
i have flown this fw 10 times so far , including the 2 tests i mentioned here, dronehacks mod doesnot seem too bad, ireally need it for altitude restriction and its worth it i think, the only time i had trouble was i really believe from an external factor am sure
The height and geofence unlocking are the main thing in the dh hack

the topics are so interesting though am years into rc hobby its nice to know and not to pass by

hi since i didnot seem to have an answer to this question i will post it here, suppose i did a factory reset to the rc 1 or 2 ... will the fly app be uninstalled from the rc??
in case it is un installed once i install it again i need to go to dji store right since no apk files can run on the rc as i read , but the question is will they allow to install any earlier fly app or only allow for latest one??
i need to down grade my fly app how can i do it on rc controller??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01