DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 landings after Drone-Hack

ok i just started my flights with the drone hachs mavic 3, remember every one in advanced safety options set the rc disconnect option to rth as after drone hacks flash this option is set to hover by default, i took off in normal mode every thing seems smooth i shifted to the atti 0 gps are displayed in this mode if u press the rth button on the controller in this mode u can only land no rth option is available as per normal mode, i had on my mind before this test flight the intension to turn off the rc controller and see what happens in atti mode but after i realised that no rth option is available i was afraid to do this test before reading more on this topic to understand what happens in this atti mode and rc disconnection , i will test that tomorrow in an open field and not near buildings
i continued testing the drone hacks moded mavic 3 to day , i went to an open field and tested turning off the rc controller, the results are: if u are in normal mode and turn off rc the drone will go to rth, but if u are in the atti mode the drone will hover in place, although there was some wind the drone didnot drift with the wind even if it was disconnected from the rc it kept position very well...

pretty much everything you need is written in m3_1001_chain.bat

you can mount the images on regular linux and inspect the fs there also
e.g. system.img
Code:
./simg2img system.img out.img
losetup --show -f -P out.img
mount /dev/loopX /media/loopX
Any idea why the controller the drone was paired with prior to the 1001 install won't connect and it also won't allow any other controller to pair either? Install went ok but It can't be tested if no controller wants to pair with it. Any ideas? I've tried RC, RC Pro and the RCN1 with no luck at all, just keeps beeping.

some pdfs floating around mention you should reboot the drone a few tines before doing anything.
if the remote doesn‘t connect after flashing update the rc firmware

some pdfs floating around mention you should reboot the drone a few tines before doing anything.
if the remote doesn‘t connect after flashing update the rc firmware
Also... does any one know how to use the "dji recovery zadiq preset" file included with the 1001 FW package, or of any other way reflashing original FW or Drone Hacks? Its no good if I can't connect a controller to test it out and now DH won't re flash. The drone reboots everytime a command is sent via DH and is clearly being blocked from the reflashing of any other firmware at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've got a non working drone at the moment so...SOS!

Also... does any one know how to use the "dji recovery zadiq preset" file included with the 1001 FW package, or of any other way reflashing original FW or Drone Hacks? Its no good if I can't connect a controller to test it out and now DH won't re flash. The drone reboots everytime a command is sent via DH and is clearly being blocked from the reflashing of any other firmware at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've got a non working drone at the moment so...SOS!
Oh snap. Sounds like quite a predicament you got yourself into. Weird though that it doesn’t want to bind to any RC.

Last edited:
i think the dh has a recovery fw, its name includes stock .dhd try to flash it then flash the hacked fw, i felt the dh tools are very well reliable in terms of communication with the mavic3, always make sure during a flash or any programming that ur uvc connector wire is dji original or of good quality it will help prevent problems in communication in mid flashing,
good luck u will find help from some one a fix it hopefully

i continue test flying my drone hacks mavic3, after several smooth flights and tests i wanted yesterday to test the altitude limit took off in normal mode the first 600 m up ran so smooth every thing was fine i just got a warning at 500m and that the drone will land i ignored it , until650 or a bit more , i started getting a ton of jamming to the gps then a warning that am in an enhanced airport zone then a strong wind warning but there was no wind not even breeze! suudenly i felt the drone out of control it flew to behind with strong speed i can estimate that from the video as the gimbal was tilted a bit down , so as the drne felt non responsive for 3to 6 sec i took my decision to go to atti mode , as i engaged atti things went under control( the drone was responsive and all warnings gone) but i decided to fly back and cancel the test, so i flew back all the way in atti i shifted 2 or 3 times to normal mode but the sattellite signal was not so fine so most of the flight back was on atti as her sound came closer i shifed to normal it flew fine and landed..
now to investigate what happened ill check the log, but i already started finding some estimates, there are bad neighbors next to where i fly maybe some 60 or 80 km away there is an unfriendly army there, and they poccess strong uav war things so ifeel at one point this very un expected gps signal maybe caused by them but the distance in a hill country separating the border is at least maybe 70km away are they so strong to affect all this distance?? searching u tube shoed a similar thing one channel described that opened my eyes very wide on what may have happened, first here is the video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he seemsto be a pro and into fixing those drones
as the guy trouble shoots or studies what happened he mentioned a ton of similarities to my case he has a drone hacks flashed mavic 3 that in dji fly app the fw of drone shows version 77.00.0502 exactly what my drone is showing after the hack on the dronehacks app and on fly app i posted this in the two photos below

Attachments

• 20240613_102405[1].jpg
    20240613_102405[1].jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240613_102157[1].jpg
    20240613_102157[1].jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 6
now this guy in the video above pretends that the fw 77.00.0502 is not intended for flying it may cause some issues is that correct????

now i even found a very nice video of a guy showing the whole drone hacks process
he did the dronehacks and seems on fw 77.00.0503 it shows in video at 33:06 time of video( he have flashed fw 1.00.1100.dhd but i flashed 1.00.1000.dhd so my mavic shows fw 77.00.0502)
can any one explain this??? are we flying on a beta fw after the hack??

Last edited:
are we flying on a beta fw after the hack??

everything is beta and/or unstable because nothing is tested by the manufacturer and the device was never intended to run this way.

read the instructions on DH and you know why 0502 and 0503, its all documented.

use the landing button all the time, I fly it to just a foot or two over my LZ and press the button. I might have to let it know it's okay to land there by confirming once in a while but I don't see what the big deal is as long as your LZ is suitable to land. It lands just fine every time.

i continue test flying my drone hacks mavic3, after several smooth flights and tests i wanted yesterday to test the altitude limit took off in normal mode the first 600 m up ran so smooth every thing was fine i just got a warning at 500m and that the drone will land i ignored it , until650 or a bit more , i started getting a ton of jamming to the gps then a warning that am in an enhanced airport zone then a strong wind warning but there was no wind not even breeze! suudenly i felt the drone out of control it flew to behind with strong speed i can estimate that from the video as the gimbal was tilted a bit down , so as the drne felt non responsive for 3to 6 sec i took my decision to go to atti mode , as i engaged atti things went under control( the drone was responsive and all warnings gone) but i decided to fly back and cancel the test, so i flew back all the way in atti i shifted 2 or 3 times to normal mode but the sattellite signal was not so fine so most of the flight back was on atti as her sound came closer i shifed to normal it flew fine and landed..
now to investigate what happened ill check the log, but i already started finding some estimates, there are bad neighbors next to where i fly maybe some 60 or 80 km away there is an unfriendly army there, and they poccess strong uav war things so ifeel at one point this very un expected gps signal maybe caused by them but the distance in a hill country separating the border is at least maybe 70km away are they so strong to affect all this distance?? searching u tube shoed a similar thing one channel described that opened my eyes very wide on what may have happened, first here is the video

Wind gets stronger as you go up, having no wind at ground level usually means nothing because the terrain (mountains, even if they are far away) blocks part of the wind. So you can get to a layer of high wind and the drone will start to drift if it's faster than 60Km/h or so for the M3.

The drone will warn you if it's windy, it can also be seen on the attitude indicator inside the compass.

The GPS can get jammed by anti-drone guns, they don't have that much range. and going into atti while it's windy, it's just asking for a flyaway.

although drone hacks should disable all data sent from drone about its identity while in operation or on ground after being turned on , but i just saw my mavic 3 as a blue tooth connection on my android phone???
i think drone hacks should put some time to make available a detailed text on the mod and every thing it affects

Wind gets stronger as you go up, having no wind at ground level usually means nothing because the terrain (mountains, even if they are far away) blocks part of the wind. So you can get to a layer of high wind and the drone will start to drift if it's faster than 60Km/h or so for the M3.

The drone will warn you if it's windy, it can also be seen on the attitude indicator inside the compass.

The GPS can get jammed by anti-drone guns, they don't have that much range. and going into atti while it's windy, it's just asking for a flyaway.
believe me the drone was not responsive at all the second all those warnings poped up . for about 10 seconds it went drifting to the back with no response not to yaw neither to tilting forward ... it was not too far away the connection was perfect ... once i applied atti i got every thing running fine under control no warnings not even 1 strong wind warning though i left the sticks and though i was inputing throtle down... i just flew back

though out of topic this thread is growing in several nice directions... now i just came by another thread that for the first time replicated the fly away i mentioned in post #129
where i mentioned

"i continue test flying my drone hacks mavic3, after several smooth flights and tests i wanted yesterday to test the altitude limit took off in normal mode the first 600 m up ran so smooth every thing was fine i just got a warning at 500m and that the drone will land i ignored it , until650 or a bit more , i started getting a ton of jamming to the gps then a warning that am in an enhanced airport zone then a strong wind warning but there was no wind not even breeze! suudenly i felt the drone out of control it flew to behind with strong speed i can estimate that from the video as the gimbal was tilted a bit down , so as the drne felt non responsive for 3to 6 sec i took my decision to go to atti mode , as i engaged atti things went under control( the drone was responsive and all warnings gone) but i decided to fly back and cancel the test, so i flew back all the way in atti i shifted 2 or 3 times to normal mode but the sattellite signal was not so fine so most of the flight back was on atti as her sound came closer i shifed to normal it flew fine and landed..
now to investigate what happened ill check the log, but i already started finding some estimates, there are bad neighbors next to where i fly maybe some 60 or 80 km away there is an unfriendly army there, and they poccess strong uav war things so ifeel at one point this very un expected gps signal maybe caused by them but the distance in a hill country separating the border is at least maybe 70km away are they so strong to affect all this distance??''

guys on the thread there seem to face exactly what i faced but sadly their drones and even their jobs are being destroyed!!! hopefully guys here may help though help is very difficult in this case it maybe a sad suggestion not to fly for now !!
heres the thread:
GPS SPOOFING RESOLUTION

Last edited:
If you think GPS is being spoofed, or you are being attacked by an anti drone gun, then atti is the way.

although drone hacks should disable all data sent from drone about its identity while in operation or on ground after being turned on , but i just saw my mavic 3 as a blue tooth connection on my android phone???
i think drone hacks should put some time to make available a detailed text on the mod and every thing it affects

That's just to enable the quick transfer function, it only works while the drone is on the ground and range is low, it's not like emmiting RID at 120m height. It doesn't share any info about the drone./operator.

If you think GPS is being spoofed, or you are being attacked by an anti drone gun, then atti is the way.

That's just to enable the quick transfer function, it only works while the drone is on the ground and range is low, it's not like emmiting RID at 120m height. It doesn't share any info about the drone./operator.
thanks for reply, things are getting clear. although what happened with me might have happened at any time but thanks to luck it happened after i did drone hacks and the atti mode saved me... i would have lost my mavic 3 i can now assure that 100%

he seemsto be a pro and into fixing those drones
as the guy trouble shoots or studies what happened he mentioned a ton of similarities to my case he has a drone hacks flashed mavic 3 that in dji fly app the fw of drone shows version 77.00.0502 exactly what my drone is showing after the hack on the dronehacks app and on fly app i posted this in the two photos below
My friend flew his M3 with DH firmware higher than you did. Some wind & height warnings but the drone flew perfectly fine. It was always in Normal mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe