DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 landings after Drone-Hack

They just replied „yep that is the case“
and they suspect the djy fly app to interfere with the not working block of remoteid

their words ^^
Thanks for letting everyone know. Its just so strange because the version of the Fly app on the RC Pro is not the newest out, which must mean this has been going on a while. I can confirm that the RC Pro is doing the same thing as yours. I'm out of ideas.

Are you using the most up to date DJI Fly app on the DJI RC with the M3?
I'm using DJI Fly v1.12.8 on my Android phone.
Mavic 3 with RCN1 remote.
Drone ID appears to be blocked. DroneScanner cannot see anything.
I do have a Bluetooth & Wifi instance of the M3 appearing but they disappear as soon as I launch.

I'm using DJI Fly v1.12.8 on my Android phone.
Mavic 3 with RCN1 remote.
Drone ID appears to be blocked. DroneScanner cannot see anything.
I do have a Bluetooth & Wifi instance of the M3 appearing but they disappear as soon as I launch.
You must have lucked out with that controller/Fly app combo then. It seems most of us with the RC & RC Pros are all having trouble now, even if the Fly app is slightly older. I gave DH a breakdown yesterday on the Rc Pros doing the same thing as well, meaning its not likely a recent Fly app update or the original RC's firmware as thought. This is what they said:
"Ok, i will feed this back. I do not expect anything to be done about it immediately, but it will put it on the developers radar for a future version of the hack. Thank You for the info."

So I guess we wait and see.

I've reset my rc pro to factory settings and it does not appear on opendroneid anymore.

Fly app: 1.12.4

Could be a fluke ofcourse, will have to try again later

Edit: two flights taken and I still cannot see it in opendroneid.

I better not log in to my account now :) and I need my gf's phone to check drone scanner tomorrow

Last edited:
I've reset my rc pro to factory settings and it does not appear on opendroneid anymore.

Thanks for the info. I did that yesterday as well and it still shows here unfortunately. Mine is also version 1.12.4.

I better not log in to my account now :) and I need my gf's phone to check drone scanner tomorrow
Whoa! You have a girlfriend? I thought we were all single nerds here ;). Let us know how the testing goes.

I did some tests again and indeed it was a fluke, somehow opendroneid doesn't work anymore on the rc pro after resetting to factory defaults.

I got hold of a android phone capable of running done scanner to try:

RC-N1 with android app latest, signed in: No Aircraft shows up.
RC with FW 01.03.1200 and FCC patch, signed in: No Aircraft shows up.
RC Pro: Aircraft shows up, no matter if signed in.

I suspect its the dji fly app on the rc pro which does this (maybe because the rc pro has dedicated GPS module?)

At this point I'm out of ideas and just use the RC N1 for now

Last edited:

Do you (or anyone else having this issue) have Care Refresh on the drone? I'm beginning to wonder if that could have something to do with it. Is the reason its not happening to everyone because they don't have coverage or monitored in the same way as those that do?

No Care Refresh on mine

EDIT: just tried RC n1 with iOS and it won't even let you start flying because of a drone id error

Edit2: I can start in ATTI mode in iOS, then switch back to normal it works but not when starting with gps. Drone scanner doesn't show anything here eiter so its a RC PRO thing

Try turning off Wifi on the RC Pro and the drone into ATTI (C). Restart both.
Afterwards you can change in Normal but in this state it stopped blasting rid for me (at least for now it seems)
Weird state anyhow.

Last edited:
This ^^ Its the Wifi on RC Pro. Turn it off
I always fly with airplane mode on and both bluetooth and wifi off on my RCs. The problem is I don't have another Android to run the drone scanner on to test it with the wifi off on the RC. Thanks for the info though. I'll try to figure out some way to test.

I updated to latest fly app from dji site, logged in and this routine seems to work. It doesn't broadcast in this state for me.

- Turn off wifi, change to atti.
- Restart and wait for 0 satellites (it will count down from 100 in atti on start) and also your home point being updated.
- change out of atti if you want and launch.

If you try this inside it will likely still broadcast because it thinks its in US? No idea why.
The broadcasts appear again instantly when I turn wifi back on

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Kane
I updated to latest fly app from dji site, logged in and this routine seems to work. It doesn't broadcast in this state for me. Turn off wifi, change to atti. Restart and wait for 0 satellites, change out of atti and start.

The broadcasts appear again instantly when I turn wifi back on
This makes sense as to why the RC-N1 doesn't broadcast Drone-ID, it doesn't have WiFi. Good sleuthing mate!

I think whats happening is that the rc pro somehow can generate valid remote id information which gets pushed to the drone (n1 and rc don‘t do this for some reason)
By turning off wifi one can probably disrupt the location services on the rc pro enough to make this step fail. You cannot turn GPS off on this remote.

Far fetched but maybe who knows

I‘ve seen my other drones also forcefully broadcast RID with the rc Pro whereas they don‘t with other controllers. Its definitely weird

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe