DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 now available (more details inside)

Lol --- totally amazing - all of DJI's "other" drones have turned to kah kah in a matter of minutes.

Well, along those lines I would say this. The new M3 is expensive and for good reason. It comes with the latest bells and whistles. DJI sales across the board increases when a new drone comes out EVEN if the purchases are not the newest drone. There is this idea that, "I don't really want to spend $3K on the M3+Flymore. But **** if I don't want a drone. So, less expensive models also get a boost.

It makes me wonder if the Mavic Air 2s is worth the upgrade from a Mavic Air 2. Just sayin'

The 1in sensor in the Air 2S is a substantial upgrade in photo quality over the Air 2, it's easily worth it if that's what you use the drone for.
It might just be then. I am headed to your beautiful country in April of 2022. Isle of Skye and other coastal spots. That would be worth the upgrade alone.

It might just be then. I am headed to your beautiful country in April of 2022. Isle of Skye and other coastal spots. That would be worth the upgrade alone.
The Air 2 is a great drone and if you're not heavily focused on photography then it may still be the drone for you, some people are disappointed with the larger sensor because their use doesn't take advantage of it.

I'm biased of course but the west coast is a beautiful area and great for drones as long as it's not raining or too windy.

The Air 2 is a great drone and if you're not heavily focused on photography then it may still be the drone for you, some people are disappointed with the larger sensor because their use doesn't take advantage of it.

I'm biased of course but the west coast is a beautiful area and great for drones as long as it's not raining or too windy.
I am hoping that is the case on the west coast. I went ahead and got my Fly ID and the Drone ID from the UK. Very inexpensive and it gives peace of mind.

They have a note on their website:

Mavic 3 Support
The Mavic 3 is not compatible with DroneDeploy missions. DJI has not yet released an Enterprise application that supports the Mavic 3 and has not yet made support available to third party applications. All this means that the Mavic 3 is not yet compatible with any mapping software, including DJI’s and DroneDeploy’s. You can rest assured that we will support the Mavic 3 in the DroneDeploy Flight app once available, and we are working closely with DJI to offer preferred functionality. In the meantime, I’d recommend checking our supported drones page for the most up to date information regarding drone models we support.

Look folks, regarding the Mavic 3, either you like it or you don’t, either you want it or you don’t, either you can afford it or you can’t. And if you can’t afford it, be happy with what you have (Air2S is great) so why go around bad mouthing DJI or the 3. If you go to DJI‘s website like I did last night and add up the individual items on the Fly More, they do add up (I stopped counting when I got to $800). BTW, that must be a hell of a shoulder bag/backpack for over $300, but that’s what it cost! I’ve never been one who waits to see what’s coming out next because with that attitude I’ll be forever spinning my wheels and will always be waiting for the next diamond to appear. Bottom line, get it only if you got the disposable cash or you gonna put it to work and make it pay for itself. Love you guys, I am forever indebted to all of you for all of the expert advice I get here on this forum… thanks so much!
Very well said. 👍 Got my Air 2S when they launched and I'm lovin it! Glad I didn't hold off waiting for the Mavic 3 or I'd be singing "coulda, woulda, shoulda" due to it's price. But, as you summarily note, it is what it is. :)

Last edited:
Personally other than the camera zoom, I don't see a large upgrade over the Mavic 2 Pro. The zoom part from the Mavic 3 will be VERY FUN, I got that, but I was expecting at least 5.7K/60fps, 50 minutes flying time, and, even more, an advanced controller with a bigger screen. Now I need to admit the 4G LTE card will be a game-changer since you will be able to control the drone over the internet pretty much. How will work the video transmission? I am not sure. At least I guess we will be able to fly by telemetry looking at the map in case of emergency.

From the video quality from Anastacio's videos I don't see too much difference and out of the box the MA2S video loos better. Just my opinion. I know will be a ton of firmware updates that probably will improve everything overall.

I don't know. For the long waiting time we had, I was expecting more.
If only it would be made available in the U.S. 😔

This!
and the fact that DJI has a bad habit of dropping "pro" or improved models within a year of the new model.
They've got me with 2 drones now (Mini & Air2) they aint getting me with 3. I'll wait to see what comes.
Mini 3, as if you didn't like the price point of their M3 😔.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam the Slam