Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro release soon?

DanJ

Reactions
So it says from DJIs official website.
April 25.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
If this thing doesn't have a gimbal that can rotate vertically I'm going to be pissed.
That's not a realistic hope.
It's not something that DJI has commonly included on consumer drones in the past.
Only the original Mavic and the Mini 3 pro have had that feature

With the release of the new Mavic 3 Pro I suspect that DJI will probably discontinue the original Mavic 3 and only have the Classic and Pro versions. Maybe there will be a Cine version of the pro with an internal SSD for ProRes. The vendor I purchased my Mavic 3 from hasn’t had the original version in stock for awhile and even Amazon only seems to have either the FMC or Cine version in stock.

Chris

If this thing doesn't have a gimbal that can rotate vertically I'm going to be pissed.
I think you will be disappointed! It’s not designed for that group of users who shoot vertical media. Also, the gimbal and body would likely need a redesign.

Chris

You mean +90 degrees above the horizon? Given the location of the pivot and the overhang of the fuselage shown in that photo, it appears that it can't.
Yes
I think you will be disappointed! It’s not designed for that group of users who shoot vertical media. Also, the gimbal and body would likely need a redesign.

Chris

Vertical photography is definitely a thing that a lot of pros would want. I definitely do. Having to crop vertically blows.

100% this, I end up stitching so many shots otherwise. I had a commercial job out of state a couple months ago and took the Mini 3 just because of how flexible it is in this regard.
This is just a speculation on my part but from the released or leaked pics of the tripple camera body I can not imagine how this could be rotated by 90 deg. There is simply no room for that.

This is just a speculation on my part but from the released or leaked pics of the tripple camera body I can not imagine how this could be rotated by 90 deg. There is simply no room for that.
Yeah after looking at it again it doesn't seem like there would be any space for it to fit.

Said to have a 3x and 7x, presumably to cover the gap between 4x and 7x on the original Mavic 3, does that mean it'll have total greater zoom than the original? (4x7x3=84x?)

Said to have a 3x and 7x, presumably to cover the gap between 4x and 7x on the original Mavic 3, does that mean it'll have total greater zoom than the original? (4x7x3=84x?)
Haha, as Filmarik says, math does not work like that :)
Let us say that the Mavic 3 Pro has three lenses, one wideangle at 24mm equivalent, one "normal" lens at 50-60mm, and one tele lens at 160mm. That is three fixed focal lenses, it will most likely have no zoom lens.
Your "84x zoom" would imply a focal length at (24mm x 84) = 2016mm! Now we are talking telephoto lens !

I wish we could stop using the word zoom on the Mavic 3. The one and only DJI consumer drone with a zoom is the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming