DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Batteries

DJI obviously don't want people to be able to use their other model batteries.

They are Lipo 3s like the M1P, but slightly smaller capacity 3500mah vs M1P 3830.
If they were able to use them same shape / size in the MA2, they could have saved a lot of production cost, but then miss out on a whole lot more follow up battery sales.

I bet many pilots will buy the flymore this time, after the shortages of mini batteries for months after release.

Reactions: Seachief
The DJI Store shows the Mavic Air 2 batteries are only compatible with the Mavic Air 2. That's not unusual since none of their batteries have been compatible with different model lines in the past.

DJI obviously don't want people to be able to use their other model batteries.

They are Lipo 3s like the M1P, but slightly smaller capacity 3500mah vs M1P 3830.
If they were able to use them same shape / size in the MA2, they could have saved a lot of production cost, but then miss out on a whole lot more follow up battery sales.

I bet many pilots will buy the flymore this time, after the shortages of mini batteries for months after release.

That is exactly why I bought the FlyMore Package indeed.

I doubt you will ever see a company that produces proprietary batteries manufacture a new product that would accept older battery styles.That would be comparable to an inkjet printer manufacturing all of their printers to accept the same cartridge.Batterries are a consumable which drives profit,much like ink.

I doubt you will ever see a company that produces proprietary batteries manufacture a new product that would accept older battery styles.That would be comparable to an inkjet printer manufacturing all of their printers to accept the same cartridge.Batterries are a consumable which drives profit,much like ink.
Every drone is an exquisite balancing act of engineering. Each is as internally unique as a new rocket, with every component in carefully-considered harmony with all the others.

No actual engineer will ever whine that model B can't use batteries from model A. You might as well not bother designing a new drone if you're required to accommodate an existing power supply. It'd be like forcing a rocket engineer to use the engines from an existing system.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
They have only held a charge for 20 or so Min from reception. I have tried and tried to get them to charge. I have not found the reason, or reasons for this malfunction. Does the Charger need to be turned on, If so How is that done?

If you've followed the charging instructions in the manual, I'd suggest you have a dud charger, can you get an electrician to check the charger?

Reactions: Jerry A
Does the Charger need to be turned on, If so How is that done?

A mains charger ? Or 12 v ?
Doesn't really matter, if the OEM then you just turn on at the wall, or plug into the 12v outlet.
If they don't work / charge battery, then it is likely faulty, or the batteries are long term stored and maybe lost their capability to take a charge.

Being that new, don't muck with it, return to place of purchase and exchange / refund (best option if possible) or return to DJI before 6 months (battery warranty) is up.

Reactions: Jerry A
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom