DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery

johncog

Reactions
Can anyone help me regarding how low % can you safely take the Mavic Air 2 battery too before the drone will go into RTH mode and not allow you to override for manual landing.
The reason I ask this is because I was flying my drone under a very large tree testing the object detection when I got a low battery warning at 15%, I tried to override to manually get out of harms way and land but the drone would not respond. All it wanted to do was go up to the preset minimum of 20 Mts.

When RTH is activated by low battery, you have a 10 second count down to cancel, otherwise it initiates. (more info in manual, if not already, it is worth a look through).
Depending on how far away(should not be further than 500m), i am not comfortable with much bellow 40%(personal choice). Thats when i would be bringing home. RTH depending on what you have set your return to home height, it will automatically go to that height before landing if its triggered. Ideally before the flight(depending on area, trees etc) check and adjust the RTH height to suit area. If your flying close by, i would want to bring back by the 30% . So many factors, you also need to allow for potential wind on way home. Also if an open area(no water), you could also select hover instead of RTH in the options.

Can anyone help me regarding how low % can you safely take the Mavic Air 2 battery too before the drone will go into RTH mode and not allow you to override for manual landing.
The reason I ask this is because I was flying my drone under a very large tree testing the object detection when I got a low battery warning at 15%, I tried to override to manually get out of harms way and land but the drone would not respond. All it wanted to do was go up to the preset minimum of 20 Mts.
When your battery gets low enough i believe 10% it will attempt to force land without the ability to cancel ( At least in my experience). However you can over ride this feature by using the controller to get higher. Also if your in a pinch and your battery is extremely low, im talking 5% and lower you can get some added power out of the drone by stopping recording and limiting other power usage in order to get out of a tight spot. Leave yourself extra battery always, especially if flying over water.

Reactions: ven
So how do you set the low level setting where the MA2 starts the return to home preset? Mine is trying to RTH at 30% I'm flying close to home and would be safe at 10-15%

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe