DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 crash into trees?

Van Denton

Reactions
I am a new pilot and have been enjoying the drone for more than a month. This evening after taking a picture of the Saharan Dust sunset (not the picture I attached), I brought the drone down. Before landing, I wanted to try and fly it up my street. To get it set up for the right shot, I flew backwards down the street and unexpectedly into a tree that was hanging over the road. I was surprised. I was in Normal and thought the obstacle avoidance would prevent that from happening. Would it have anything to do with lower lighting as the sun had just gone down? Btw, the Air 2 got stuck about 20 feet up in the tree and I got it down by throwing a football. Unfortunately, when I got it lose, it fell to the pavement faster than I could get there to catch it. Only injury I could see was piece that holds the rear propeller onto the back leg pop off. But, the wires appeared to unaffected and I was able to pop it back on. Will try and fly again tomorrow with hopefully no issues. Still, anyone have ideas why it would not stop when it was flying toward a tree?Cherry Grove Picture Small.jpg

Low light probably had something to do with it, but also remember tree branches (and wisps of them) as well as power lines really are not 100% avoidably with the sensors ever... especially if your flying sides ways where the air 2 doesn't have them.

I use the avoidance as plan B to be honest... Plan A is not flying too close to above ever..

Glad it seems ok, hope it fly's well tomorrow when you check it out. I love my air 2 as well.

Hey Van
Where is the dust storm pictures???
That is an awesome, awesome photo ,you should be well proud of that one it’s beautiful.
You were either very lucky or very talented picture taker .
Thanks for posting.
Oh and did you get the football back or is it stuck up the tree now !!.

Hey Van
Where is the dust storm pictures???
That is an awesome, awesome photo ,you should be well proud of that one it’s beautiful.
You were either very lucky or very talented picture taker .
Thanks for posting.
Oh and did you get the football back or is it stuck up the tree now !!.

Thank you. I got it back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan