DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 Fell straight down and crashed

Just asking because I’m still learning. Will flight logs/data show when the sticks on the rc are moved into the ‘emergency’ position which shuts the motors off in flight?

Just asking because I’m still learning. Will flight logs/data show when the sticks on the rc are moved into the ‘emergency’ position which shuts the motors off in flight?

Yes. And they will record motor shut down.

Reactions: Ron Boger
And did you post the logs from your crash?
No. Because it happened after I made the thread and the fact that people here acted like I was trying to sensationalize what seems to be an obvious problem to me made me not even want to have The conversation here.

No. Because it happened after I made the thread and the fact that people here acted like I was trying to sensationalize what seems to be an obvious problem to me made me not even want to have The conversation here.

Well it doesn't help if you fail to provide documentation of the supposed problem.

Ditto what others have said, I too am inspired! I am just joining the drone party and really appreciate your video and also the insights you have shared here and on your YT channel. Thanks for the hard work!

• Haha
Reactions: dawgpilot
I made a thread about this ( Mavic air 2’s are unexplainably falling from the sky ) And they laughed me out of the building. The 2 weeks ago my MA2 suddenly fell out of the sky at Coney island. There’s a problem here whether people want to acknowledge it or not

Your thread was poorly received because the videos that you presented as evidence did not support the assertion, and made the thread title look like clickbait - much like the videos themselves.

There have been a small number of unexplained MA2 failures reported on this forum, and if you had been paying any attention you would have seen that they have been noticed and diagnosed, at least to the extent possible with the lack of log data. That's a lot more useful than a few videos of incompetent pilots crashing their MA2s in supporting any conclusions about systemic problems with the aircraft.

I have seen where the battery contacts can get dirt in or on them from setting them down on dirty or dusty surfaces and then ends up in the drone housing as a gradual buildup on the contacts resulting in bad things happening in flight. Often you will get a full power indication but then when the drone tries to draw it in, it is not available and failure occurs suddenly. I know there are a lot of redundant power feed pairs coming in from the battery to prevent this, but it is something to be aware of and guard against/look for and avoid..

I hope you make out ok on yours...

EC

Is the "auto-upload" an option? If so, would you be so kind as to advise me how/and where I can do this with my Air 2? Thanks in advance!!
In the profile section of your FLY app, there is a button for settings.

Click settings
Click Sync Flight Data
Deselect Auto Upload

In the profile section of your FLY app, there is a button for settings.

Click settings
Click Sync Flight Data
Deselect Auto Upload
Thank you for your instruction....please forgive my ignorance, but when I pull up the fly app, I do see a profile section anywhere in any of the settings? Could I impose upon you to give me a bit more instruction as to how I might find the profile section? Thanks so much!!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Thank you for your instruction....please forgive my ignorance, but when I pull up the fly app, I do see a profile section anywhere in any of the settings? Could I impose upon you to give me a bit more instruction as to how I might find the profile section? Thanks so much!!
On the bottom left on the homepage by the word album. ?

Again, I thank you for your help.....I found the settings option, found and selected the sync flight data, BUT there is no "auto upload" option? There IS "auto-sync flight records", which says it syncs flight records to the cloud? Sorry for being such a PIA, must trying to follow instructions explicitly. Are flight records automatically recorded somewhere automatically?
Where are the flight records stored? I'm baffled with the difficulty I'm having trying to record and then retrieve this information?

Again, I thank you for your help.....I found the settings option, found and selected the sync flight data, BUT there is no "auto upload" option? There IS "auto-sync flight records", which says it syncs flight records to the cloud? Sorry for being such a PIA, must trying to follow instructions explicitly. Are flight records automatically recorded somewhere automatically?
Where are the flight records stored? I'm baffled with the difficulty I'm having trying to record and then retrieve this information?

Auto-sync is what you need to disable if you don't want the app to delete the DAT files each time it synchronizes the flight records with the DJI servers.

I am also curious what happens if its not pilot error and def product issue that is covered under warranty but the drone is not able to be recovered. Does dji replace? Surely there would be people trying to scam a second drone. Lol i can picture people making the battery button not click tying fishing line to the battery flying over a boat on the water then yanking the battery causing the logs to appear like it just dropped and gps places it over water but it actually fell into the boat ?

I am also curious what happens if its not pilot error and def product issue that is covered under warranty but the drone is not able to be recovered. Does dji replace? Surely there would be people trying to scam a second drone. Lol i can picture people making the battery button not click tying fishing line to the battery flying over a boat on the water then yanking the battery causing the logs to appear like it just dropped and gps places it over water but it actually fell into the boat ?

That's quite likely one reason why they are more reluctant to honor the refresh agreement without a returned aircraft. But sometimes they do, especially when the telemetry makes it clear that there was an aircraft failure. Not many of the suspected battery ejections led to replacement as far as I recall, because that's generally regarded as pilot error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato