DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 signal problems.

There are so many variables for range...have you experimented in a variety of locations and environments??
No, I have only flown it from home. I fly my 2 home-built drones (Jumper transmitter and Flysky receivers) there with no issues
If it gets the all clear when tested i will start experimenting. In a few weeks' time i am goint to a farm where there is no electricity, power lines, cell phone reception etc. That should give me an idea of the drone's capabilities.

Reactions: jlatas
Hi,
I've been browsing the MavicPilots forum with people having bad signal issues with their Mavic Air 2's just like me.
Why is DJI not doing anything about it??? Why are they not releasing a firmware to fix it???

I'm very confused. I thought it was just me, but it's not.

Thanks.
What is a bad signal issue? I am loosing video, lost connection with rc 3ft away, 12ft away, 2.5ft away. In each case it wS the phone or tablet loosing connection. I still had control of the airframe. Why the loss unknown, all were fully charged and connection were good. Have fun, I do.

This is the message I received from the agent today

"The unit was tested on Monday and got 400m at one area.

The unit was tested on Tuesday and got 1.5km range in a different area.

Today the tech team tested and it got 1.2km range only to advise that its area dependant.

But what im going to do is replace the unit and have the team send you a new one."

i would say result ,but like they say it varies massively, on my first long flight 3km i encountered weak signal at about 1.5 km then its still on 4 bars at 3 km it was when i flew over a tiny village it affected it ,this was about 350 foot high .i live near the sea on a large estuary i get awesome range over the sea....

Reactions: Craig Notts
My new MA2 was delivered yesterday. I haven't had time to play yet so I don't know if the range will improve but time will tell. Maybe i do live in a very high interference area...
In the meantime I would like to give kudos to the guys at Droneworld for the most amazing after-sales service.It has been a long time since \I experienced anything as good as this.

Radio signal strength Tx/Rx is a matter of the antenna. The Manual, page 8, identifies the front Landing Gear as having (Built In Antenna) as well the outer most portion of the moble device holder on the remote as Antennas. Now we're most all aware of the vertically stationed rubber ducky antennas on home 2.4/5.8GHz WiFi routers. Vertical antennas are common for short range. Curious and perhaps confused, I am. It was only today I saw a diagram of the Rx/Tx radiation pattern for the Mavic Air 2. It was suggestive of being a horizontal polarization utilizing the horizontal element atop the device holder. You've seen those Yagi-Uda accessories for adding atop the device holder? Those of vertically polarized. They are made for either 2.4 or 5.8GHz. So what that about antennas being built-into the landing gear?

2.4GHz vs 5.8GHz...5.8GHz wud never be my choice alone. Auto or 2.4GHz would be my choice with a preference for 2.4GHz in the open country. 11kM or 6.8 Imperial miles, is stated in the manual as the range for the MA2. Surely a goobermint dictate :( after all, line of sight to the horizon is about 7; as if you could see that knat 7 miles away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54