DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Skins

Please report back on how the visibility is - I'm torn between getting a skin that will help in that area, or getting one that more closely matches the unskinned color of the MA2 so that the gaps aren't so obvious. Knowing how much it improves open-sky visibility would go a long way toward making a decision. Thanks!
For me the visibility is much better with the skin.
858DF2CE-83FA-42CD-904B-F38D4988057C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: wali
Update on my decalgirl skins...I wouldn't buy again. Skin continues to not stick in numerous spots.
Did you use a hair dryer after puttin on the decals to finish it up? I’ve done 2 by them and haven’t had any problems.

Yes, multiple times. It would stick for a bit then come off on those same spots.
Hmm lame! Maybe there was some oil or something, fingerprints maybe? Mine have been good to go.

the neon colors are great, I have Orange.
I will be removing the skin soon, to be replaced by a new Phantomrain. wetsuit, other than looks the skin does very little else for the drone.
I have only seen the wetsuit in videos and photos, they are colored and easy to see and you can safely fly in the rain.
I am waiting for a delivery soon, will try flying thru a waterfall.

Were in Favor of the Skins and the Wet Suit as you get a nice look with a lot of protection and Functionality.
Some of these skins would look amazing with the Black Wet Suit. After a long install on the skin its 5 minutes on the Wet Suit to make a navy seal like drone Air - Rain - Snow and Sea

Email me for Info on the Air 2 Wet Suits
as the Forum members get a nice Package with 4 color designs / 3 Battery Covers and Power Button Seals.
[email protected]

2019012795181654.jpg

Reactions: Wild Wayne
How long does it typically take manufacturers to have skins available for new drones? By the time I bought my Mavic Air 1 it had been out for a year and so there were plenty of options around. Wondering how long it typically takes for some of these companies to have skins available. I figure we could also use this thread to post pictures of your Air 2 with skins installed.

Attachments

• 2ABB79ED-8715-4413-9000-7DCA178ABD87.jpeg
    2ABB79ED-8715-4413-9000-7DCA178ABD87.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Orbo
Waited awhile to get the the Sopiguard skin when they became available.
Many color changes to choose from. I was keen to the Indigo look. ;)
803E6441-3465-4385-9CF9-70516BC23785.jpegC2165438-C9AB-4FDF-82EB-20C7DCA63DEE.jpegB981A971-2929-406F-91EA-62FE3A5A88E1.jpeg

Either my wrap was counterfeit, defective or I'm just really bad at this. I spent a good 90mins carefully wrapping my Air 2 until I ended up with a headache... and the result was so ugly I've pretty much decided to tear it off.

WeChat Image_20201007013154.jpg

Either my wrap was counterfeit, defective or I'm just really bad at this. I spent a good 90mins carefully wrapping my Air 2 until I ended up with a headache... and the result was so ugly I've pretty much decided to tear it off.

View attachment 114817
Not a bad white carbon fiber skin with lines. Perhaps this is what it should be?
Looks like it has the Star Wars storm trooper look. ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO