DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Startup

mdasbach

Reactions
I haven't flown my MA2 for a few months now in the winter, so when I decided to fly it last week, I updated the firmware since it showed there was a new one. Now when I start the drone by moving both sticks down and towards the center, it doesn't start until I do this a second time. It takes two of these to start every time now and it used to start on the first try before. Does anyone know if this is something with the new firmware or is there a setting that got changed. I couldn't find any settings for this ... am I missing something here?

Make sure you have the latest DJI Fly app. When you do it the first time, a prompt should pop on your phone saying to check the propeller configuration, and two buttons below, click the one that says "Don't show again" and it should start from the first CSC command after that.

Spot on Yaros. Just fired mine up and all good as per your pointer. Thank you.

Reactions: Yaros
Thanks, Yaros. That worked. I keep my DJI Fly updated, but I fly with Litchi and the message doesn't show up in Litchi.
True, it doesn't show in litchi, but after you click once the "Don't Show Again" in DJI Fly, the CSC command (startup using sticks) should work from the first try in Litchi, or any other app.

Edit: After actually trying my drone with Litchi, it sometimes happens that it doesn't startup from the first command, but sometimes it does. Strange, I would say.

Last edited:
I haven't flown my MA2 for a few months now in the winter, so when I decided to fly it last week, I updated the firmware since it showed there was a new one. Now when I start the drone by moving both sticks down and towards the center, it doesn't start until I do this a second time. It takes two of these to start every time now and it used to start on the first try before. Does anyone know if this is something with the new firmware or is there a setting that got changed. I couldn't find any settings for this ... am I missing something here?
Interesting that you and others are starting your Air 2 flights with the stick controls. I always use the on screen icon in DJI Fly on my iphone 11 Pro and it has never had a problem, with all updates applied. Not using a third party control app, so don’t know if this icon appears on them, too. But the Fly commands have always been reliable, for me.

Ok, this has started again after several months of working properly on the first stick control to startup. It is now taking two stick controls to start up and this time there is no prompt in DJI Fly popping up on my iphone saying to check the propeller configuration, that I can select "Don't show again". I have the latest firmware (01.01.0920) as well as the latest RC firmware (04.11.0034) and the latest fly safe database (01.00.01.27). Is there any other way to fix this so that it doesn't take two times pushing the sticks down and in to get the motors to start? Thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan