DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air approaching obstacle

igo4

Reactions
Fellow Pilots
I own Mavic Air 1 that I fly very occasionally, and I have noticed a strange behaviour of my drone.
Although the default obstacle avoidance options are ON, the drone has a tendency to approach obstacles when closeby. When that happens, I am unable to use the controller to horizontally distance the drone from the obstacle. For example, when the drone is approaching an object in front, I cannot avoid it by moving back, I can move any direction but not the opposite direction (to the back). I became paranoid and I am afraid of flying/starting off a spot with no spare space around.
I even crashed the drone once when flying interiors (not sure if it was a good idea). I was flying very carefully and thought as long as I have full control of it, nothing bad can happen, but after a while it started moving towards a wall and I just couldn't move away from it.
Is there any logical explanation to this behaviour or are there some safety rules I do not know of? Please mind that it happens no matter the weather conditions.

Fellow Pilots
I own Mavic Air 1 that I fly very occasionally, and I have noticed a strange behaviour of my drone.
Although the default obstacle avoidance options are ON, the drone has a tendency to approach obstacles when closeby. When that happens, I am unable to use the controller to horizontally distance the drone from the obstacle. For example, when the drone is approaching an object in front, I cannot avoid it by moving back, I can move any direction but not the opposite direction (to the back). I became paranoid and I am afraid of flying/starting off a spot with no spare space around.
I even crashed the drone once when flying interiors (not sure if it was a good idea). I was flying very carefully and thought as long as I have full control of it, nothing bad can happen, but after a while it started moving towards a wall and I just couldn't move away from it.
Is there any logical explanation to this behaviour or are there some safety rules I do not know of? Please mind that it happens no matter the weather conditions.
For all the flights you do with your MA1 two logs will be created in the phone or tab you flew with (one .txt spanning between motors on to off & one .DAT spanning from power on to off), those logs will contain all facts from telemetries to sensor & HW behavior during the flight & will most probably contain the "Logical explanation" to the MA1 behavior.

If you want to know what happened during that flight I recommend that you retrieve the .txt log to start with & attach it here in a new post. Read up here on how to retrieve (see section 3.) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya