DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Bad distance and modes missing

norain

Reactions
Hey guys,
I am facing some annoying problems on my new DJI Mavic Air.
I am flying in the Philippines with 5.8G and "Auto" settings. I am using the latest firmware versions and the latest dji Go 4 App from Playstore.
I fly in areas far away from the city or at the beach with no other obstacles than trees.
Unfortunately I get signal problems at 200-300m already. (signal lost and bad video transmission) :-/ RTH and no fun to fly.
Furthermore I am missing the HDR and Panorama function in picture mode and the new quickshots like Asteroid and Boomerang in video mode. What's wrong with my mavic Air?
I am also using a Spark with OTG Cable and an older version of the DJI Go app - no problems and way better signal (up to 900m)
Is it possible to use my Spark remote controller for the Air? Maybe I can try this.
Thanks in advance for any help.
1518593765858.png
1518593855973.png

Reactions: amol
Both your drone and your remote are on pre-release firmware versions. Here is where you can always check the current versions: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography You'll find it in a downloadable PDF called "release notes".

After you update your drone & controller firmware check again that the updates were totally successful using the screen you posted above.

Also make sure the little landing legs are down when when you fly because they contain the antennas.

Finally, and this makes a big difference, position the antennas on the controller so that the two flat sides of the antenna are pointed at the drone. The tips of the antennas should be perpendicular to position of the drone. You can see what I'm talking about on page 38 of the manual -- the section called "optimal transmission zone"

This should solve all your problems.

same with me
how did u get over with this
i even tried with android and i phone.. reinstalling the software.its not showing gesture modes also...
:eek:

Last edited:
i am panic now dji is not replying for this..i bought air just for asteroid shots
:eek:

Hey guys,
I am facing some annoying problems on my new DJI Mavic Air.
I am flying in the Philippines with 5.8G and "Auto" settings. I am using the latest firmware versions and the latest dji Go 4 App from Playstore.
I fly in areas far away from the city or at the beach with no other obstacles than trees.
Unfortunately I get signal problems at 200-300m already. (signal lost and bad video transmission) :-/ RTH and no fun to fly.
Furthermore I am missing the HDR and Panorama function in picture mode and the new quickshots like Asteroid and Boomerang in video mode. What's wrong with my mavic Air?
I am also using a Spark with OTG Cable and an older version of the DJI Go app - no problems and way better signal (up to 900m)
Is it possible to use my Spark remote controller for the Air? Maybe I can try this.
Thanks in advance for any help.
View attachment 31345
View attachment 31346

one more thing, mavic air is not accepting memory card which are fast cards..i have tried three cards till now...i also fly spark ...now it seems my mavic air is useless without boomrang and asteroid and panorama 360...

Hey guys,
Sorry for late response, long time no Internet..
ebrandon was right, I was not on the latest firmware updates, this was the problem.
My Internet connection seemed to be too weak, so the app didn't even show any updates.. [emoji19] I had to change the island for proper Internet connection.
All problems solved now, and I am very happy with the drone.

Thanks for your help!

I am using a 256gb Samsung Evo+ SD card and it is working fine. 4k30p no problems. But full HD 120p slow motion I have to write to internal storage. - I am fine with this. :) [emoji106]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan