DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Battery Questions

ccurry

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Another question from a newbie. I usually fly every day, but with all the rain I haven’t had a chance so it’s been 10 days since my last flight. I charged up the battery to 100 precent after my last use as I always do and today 10 days later I noticed that the battery felt slightly warm and lost some charge. I’ve read somewhere that they discharge over time.

So my questions are these:

Did I just break or damage my Air by charging it up fully and not using it for 10 days?

What is the best way to store these batteries?

Will it hurt to continue doing it this way?

Should I separate the battery from the unit when storing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reactions: mttmwilson
The batteries are intelligent, and you can change the discharge timer in the Go4 app (But DJI are probably best placed to know the best settings). But re-charge, pop it in, and fly, All will be good, just remember that they do it, and remember to charge or check before flight.

Reactions: ccurry
Did I just break or damage my Air by charging it up fully and not using it for 10 days?
No. The batteries are designed to start auto discharging down to the storage level after sitting idle for 10 days. It could take a few days for them to complete that discharge process when fully charged.

What is the best way to store these batteries?
Per the Mavic Air Battery Safety Guidelines, the ideal storage temperature is between 71° F to 82° F (normal indoor temperatures).

Will it hurt to continue doing it this way?
Your batteries should last longer if you keep them in this storage range as much as possible when not in use:

BatteryLevel.png

That means you should try not to charge them if you're not sure you're going to use them. Also, you should charge them until the 3rd battery light starts blinking if you haven't used them for a while and the charge level drops below the above range.

Should I separate the battery from the unit when storing?
DJI ships their drones with a battery installed and resellers store them on their shelves with the batteries installed, so you likely won't run into any trouble if you choose to do the same.

No. The batteries are designed to start auto discharging down to the storage level after sitting idle for 10 days. It could take a few days for them to complete that discharge process when fully charged.

Per the Mavic Air Battery Safety Guidelines, the ideal storage temperature is between 71° F to 82° F (normal indoor temperatures).

Your batteries should last longer if you keep them in this storage range as much as possible when not in use:

View attachment 41723

That means you should try not to charge them if you're not sure you're going to use them. Also, you should charge them until the 3rd battery light starts blinking if you haven't used them for a while and the charge level drops below the above range.

DJI ships their drones with a battery installed and resellers store them on their shelves with the batteries installed, so you likely won't run into any trouble if you choose to do the same.

Thanks for the great info! I appreciate it.

The batteries are intelligent, and you can change the discharge timer in the Go4 app (But DJI are probably best placed to know the best settings). But re-charge, pop it in, and fly, All will be good, just remember that they do it, and remember to charge or check before flight.

Have you found a way to change this setting for the Mavic Air batteries? I know it exists for the MP, but I have not been able to find it for my MA.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121