DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air color: Artic White or Onyx Black (there is 10% price difference at BestBuy canada)

fredcoque

Reactions
Hi,
I'll buy my Mavic Air Fly More Combo today and I'm unsure about the color.
Here is the thin: BestBuy Canada applied almost 10% of discount to the Artic White version, so:
- Mavic Air Fly More Combo - Onyx Black - CAD$1,349 (US$1,014)
- Mavic Air Fly More Combo - Artic White - CAD$1,240 (US$932)
I'm just wondering if due to the price difference, color would matter in this case.
The Onyx Black seems much more beautiful in the videos and if that falls in the snow it'd be easier to visually find.
What do you think?
I reserved both and have 4 hours to pick one of them up.
Thanks,
Fred

The Onyx Black seems much more beautiful in the videos and if that falls in the snow it'd be easier to visually find.
What do you think?
All Mavic Air models are black on the bottom. Even if you are able to see the top of the drone, the color isn't going to help much unless you're very close to the drone while flying. Attaching strobe lights would make the drone easier to see.

Get the white. You can always snap on a new top like a nice glossy red or apply decals to personalize it. Have fun with it either way.

Hi,
Here is the thin: BestBuy Canada applied almost 10% of discount to the Artic White version, so:
I'm just wondering if due to the price difference, color would matter in this case.
What do you think?
Thanks,
Fred

DJI forum topic can be found here but as stated all things built equal and comes down to user preference. Some asked about the sun / heat factor on black Vs. white but does not seem to be an issue. Whatever color you and your wallet prefer :)

I got the white, but at the time the MA came out, it was the only color available. If I had to do it again, I'd still get white. Remember that all of the colors have a large part of it that is black. The way I make my MA stand out is landing gear extensions, covered with red chrome vinyl wrap, and strobes - these two items will have FAR more effect on visibility of your drone than the color choice..

You really can't go wrong with any of the colors.

I wanted the black one (ended up with red cuz that’s all they had in stock) because I live in the 2nd coldest capital city in the world. I figured black would provide a small edge beating the cold.

Funny, it was just the opposite here in North Florida. When I bought my MA from the Best Buy in Jacksonville, the white was $100 more. I had thought about red, but the black combo kit was on sale for $898.

Reactions: Dan C
Funny, it was just the opposite here in North Florida. When I bought my MA from the Best Buy in Jacksonville, the white was $100 more. I had thought about red, but the black combo kit was on sale for $898.
I wonder...

Black popular in cold areas -- higher price?
White popular in hot areas -- higher price?

Hi,
What do you think?
Thanks,
Fred

So... Which one did you get?

I've got an Onyx Black, it looks magic and I love it!

Reactions: Thomas B
Could get the cheaper one then skin it.
Also if you're not aware, only the red is glossy, black & white are matt finish.
Hi,
What do you think?
Thanks,
Fred

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom