DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Crash - never forget to unfold the antennas...

That first hit where it's pointing nose down and still recovers is quite impressive. The hit where you can see all the snow falling out of the tree afterwards :D

I don't see how the video is related to the subject of this thread? It appears to me and others the Pilot collided with tree limbs above their drone. Which would not appear to have anything to do with the antennas.... Did I miss something?

Happened to me earlier today.... I was using the tablet, no remote and during take off it kept on going up and up til it hit the tree limbs then shut down. Luckily I caught it before it hit the ground.

As a non-drone pilot (yet), I don’t understand what happened. I can see the drone hitting the tree limbs, but what did that have to do with the antennas not being out? Was the pilot not able to
control the drone on the ascent? Also, is this referring to the antennas on the remote control, or are there antennas that need to be extended on the drone itself?

Mods delete my posts here every day.I just wish I knew where they lived!I just might find out some day.

There is no reason why this Mavic Air didnt crash 10 times over. it did everything to fly bad, sensors misbehaving, GPS in and out and twig graveyard but it did just fine. Good lesson on not using a less than best SD card though, jittery video cant be saved.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure