DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Disconnect and RTH

Commander

Reactions
My last flight was a short one, 10 metres or so away, AC hovered for a little while with 90% battery, then lost transmission and automatically activated RTH as it should have. My concern is, what caused it to completely lose transmission.
Also I intend to launch from a boat in the near future and RTH could be catastrophic, can this be overridden during the RTH?
No crash, landed safely.

I am using a 5" Crystalsky monitor with my MA (AC 01.00.0500 - Cont 01.00.0200) DJI Go4.0
Any modification? its all a stock unit

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? No I don't sorry
I'm a little confused at which log it is but I think the one that I uploaded is the correct one. No mention of transmission lost or auto RTH.

Cheers, Dave

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-31_[13-11-19].txt
    244.6 KB · Views: 9
The flight log simply ends, with no notification or indication of loss of signal. That suggests that the DJI GO 4 app crashed or the CS disconnected from the controller. Do you recall if the controller indicated loss of connection, and how soon after the loss of video that RTH started? Was the controller beeping?

Reactions: BD0G
Yes, "loss of transmission" or similar message on the controller. Loss of connection then perhaps 10 seconds or so before the MA started to RTH. I can't recall a beeping but there may have been.

Yes, "loss of transmission" or similar message on the controller. Loss of connection then perhaps 10 seconds or so before the MA started to RTH. I can't recall a beeping but there may have been.

I saw similar events while testing a CS with a Mavic Pro. I was unable to figure out what was causing the disconnect. You could retrieve the DAT file from the CS - that might contain additional clues.

Thanks for your assistance, I searched for 'dat' files on the CS but have files that date to 1970???

Sorry to ask for further assistance.

Dave

If the MA disconnected with the CS why did the controller also lose connection?

Thanks for the advice that if I should launch from a vessel then I should disable the Smart RTH, makes sense.

I can handle purely manual landing as a pitching a rolling deck is difficult but I would prefer my own handling to destroy the MA then an auto-event. Having the AC disconnect from my control and auto-land in the ocean would be baaaad,

Thanks for your assistance, I searched for 'dat' files on the CS but have files that date to 1970???

Dave

You are looking for a file with the filename ending in FLY012.DAT. It should be in the FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords directory.

Dave
1970 would be the DEFAULT due to reading error or some other mismatch, the file may still be good just not the naming given along with the :cool: decade given

I had a similar issue: why did my Mvic Air decide to land in the water
Drone was only 10 meters away, clear line of sight. Then as I was starting a new video recording I got connection lost and never regained control. In the meantime, the MA hovered for a few seconds until it decided to land (instead of RTH) in the water.
DJI concluded there was no pilot error and replaced the drone, but I did not get any further explanation.
I was in an desert area with no wifi, telephone, electricity or buildings...

I had a similar incident where I was doing a short flight and lost visual from the drone and the telemitry to the controller went n/a. The drone luckily did what it was supposed to and RTH but would not connect and the drone itself was blinking red, yellow, green and wouldn't connect to the controller. I'm guessing it was the controller itself even though it had 3 of the 4 dots displayed but it did start to beep? I've been very lucky and diligent in making sure all was charged/updated but caught at a loss as to why this occured? any input would be great?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan