New Mavic Air Firmware Released (21/03/2018) Strongly Recommended

Overview
Date: 2018.03.21
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100
DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.2.8
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.8

What’s New?
  • Increased the descent speed to 3 m/s when flying forward.
  • Added support for operating at 5.8 GHz in Thailand.
  • Fixed an issue where the gimbal would drift when the aircraft’s heading changes.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft would shake when using ActiveTrack.
  • Added message if failure to take panoramas or an Asteroid QuickShot occurs (requires DJI GO 4 v4.2.8 and higher).
  • Fixed an issue where the remote controller was unable to link with the aircraft when operating in some regions.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft would fail to take a panorama in Sport mode or when APAS is enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where Intelligent Flight Battery firmware would not be updated when functioning abnormally.
  • Fixed an issue of video lag when the aircraft’s heading changes.
  • Fixed an issue of ghosting in photos.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft would fail to decelerate automatically when landing.

Reactions: Mario T
seems like a lot of solid fixes.

No one on that DJI Forum really has any true results!
I updated within 18 minutes for main FWU, then 3 minutes per battery.
Ok, now to fly and see what happens, anyone tested yet?:D

Reactions: FLScout
Just remember to perform the update with every single battery, Otherwise it will prompt you with the Inconsistent Firmware Found message.
Absolutely. If you have multiple batteries, they must be updated with this FW.

I haven't been able to update. It always gives me an error saying aircraft disconnected? Anybody else having this issue?

Oooh, I use Linux so I've been doing it with DJI GO 4 app itself. Hmmmm, I gotta get a PC to edit 4K anyways.....

Reactions: Drone Master
Just remember to perform the update with every single battery, Otherwise it will prompt you with the Inconsistent Firmware Found message.
Holy wow really? Good to know. Thanks!
A annoying thing happened with me the other day, I flew for 15 minutes and landed to change battery. After changing the battery the app started asking for activation of the bird. Since I was in the mountains there was no network coverage and so could not activate it. Anyone had this problem? Came home, and it also asked for fw update and activation again.

Reactions: Espy

Are you sure i did the update yesterday one unit in the rc and have put the other two batteries in after and it has not asked me to update anything else no error message, i am using the djo go app

Holy wow really? Good to know. Thanks!
A annoying thing happened with me the other day, I flew for 15 minutes and landed to change battery. After changing the battery the app started asking for activation of the bird. Since I was in the mountains there was no network coverage and so could not activate it. Anyone had this problem? Came home, and it also asked for fw update and activation again.

I’m assuming this FW update has to be applied to every single battery(not because update log shows something like that... is not even mentioned) but because I did with one battery, and restarted the aircraft. Turned off, installed a different battery and showed me the Inconsistent Firmware Found message. And that happened with my 3 spares. So, that’s why I’m assuming has to be applied to every single one.

Also, I’m running DJI Go 4 App ver. 4.2.8.

I’m assuming this FW update has to be applied to every single battery(not because update log shows something like that... is not even mentioned) but because I did with one battery, and restarted the aircraft. Turned off, installed a different battery and showed me the Inconsistent Firmware Found message. And that happened with my 3 spares. So, that’s why I’m assuming has to be applied to every single one.

Also, I’m running DJI Go 4 App ver. 4.2.8.

Yes, it install new FW batteries too, so there is a need a swap batteries.

Reactions: vinhidalgo
Yes, it install new FW batteries too, so there is a need a swap batteries.

I think it’s basically because it mentions something about Intelligent Flight Battery firmware could not be updated when functioning abnormally.

Reactions: Kankkis
Updated and tested without issue. Have flown 2 batteries so far (but updated all of them).

I did need to change a few settings after update: RTH height & controller sensitivity but all camera settings remained.

Broke my speed record as well, went 69.2km/h in sport mode @ 50m

Updated with no problems yesterday but had some drifting going on when flying. Had my stick straight on and it started going to the right. It would only stop if I overcorrected. Calibrated the IMU and will test again today. I saw others in some DJI Facebook groups experiencing the same thing.

Updated with no problems yesterday but had some drifting going on when flying. Had my stick straight on and it started going to the right. It would only stop if I overcorrected. Calibrated the IMU and will test again today. I saw others in some DJI Facebook groups experiencing the same thing.

yeah try Calibrate IMU.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002