DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air FW Update v01.00.0300

I'm running that version, but when I read the first post it said android v4.2.8? Is the latest?
I was wondering the same but then I started updating fw using .6 version which I had. After successfully updating aircraft, batteries, remote app changed it's version to 4.2.8 automatically.

All good now. Recalibrated the IMU and compass and it’s flying smooth. Had to fix some of my gimbal and yaw settings though but it’s back to normal now.

Updated easy peasy, Just updated with DJI assistant 2. Even with my non broadband internet service it went as smooth as butter. About 20 min on the quad and only 3 min each with the controller and extra battery. All Set, Thanks DJI. Might also add, imac 27 inch running 10.12.6

My updates through the DJI Go app went through flawlessly. Have not flown yet, but glad that there were no issues updating. Supposed to get up to a foot of snow through tomorrow so I will be grounded until it lets up. At least I’ll have something interesting to record when it’s all done!

Reactions: William Ball
My updates through the DJI Go app went through flawlessly. Have not flown yet, but glad that there were no issues updating. Supposed to get up to a foot of snow through tomorrow so I will be grounded until it lets up. At least I’ll have something interesting to record when it’s all done!
Where are you that there is a foot of snow? I'm in western N.Y. In Chautauqua county. We have been getting hit hard this March. Looks better after this weekend.

Reactions: Sentinel5P
Where are you that there is a foot of snow? I'm in western N.Y. In Chautauqua county. We have been getting hit hard this March. Looks better after this weekend.

Western IL and IA getting hammered tonight and tomorrow. Supposed to be a wet snow, so I probably won’t risk taking up my Air during the snowfall. Might take my old P3S up though!

So once the first update is complete, do you have to run the entire update again for any additional batteries????

So once the first update is complete, do you have to run the entire update again for any additional batteries????

Yes, it has to be done for each battery. Just power off the drone, swap batteries, then act like you’re going to update again. It’ll only update the battery since your drone has already been updated.

You'll see a message like this in DJI GO if the current battery needs to be updated.

Thanks for that info.
I have had my MP for about 15 months now and it has NEVER asked me to update any of my extra 2 batteries after doing a regular FW update, even when I install one of the extra batteries that was not in the MP during the last FW update.
Should I be concerned?

No I think it’s a good thing. There might be some power management efficiencies that they’ve updated and the battery firmware needs to be in sync with that. The only two issues I had with my update were that I had to do an IMU and compass calibration to fix some drift to the right (and that did fix it) and the update reset my custom gimbal and yaw values that I had set. So take note of those before doing the update.

And I’ve also learned that you should do a “cold” IMU calibration after the firmware update. Put your drone in the refrigerator (no battery) for about 20 minutes. Have your RC, battery, etc. ready to go. Take the drone to a perfectly level area and do the IMU calibration. Something about the cold makes the calibration better and reduces startup time. I don’t know why it works but it does work as I did that yesterday.

You'll see a message like this in DJI GO if the current battery needs to be updated.

I updated the DJI APP and the MA FW, but didn't ask to update the battery FW.
I just returned from flying with all my 4 batteries with no single alert to update any one of my 4 batteries.

Moshik

UPDATE:
After wrote my reply, I checked my almost empty batteries, and it seems that the "Go to Fly" appears much faster than it checks all components version.
So on the field, it seems that I didn't wait for the version check and immediately went flying the MA.

At Home, I updated the remaining 3 batteries...

Last edited:
My app is 4.2.8 but the firmware is still the old ver. and says up to date

I updated via the app last night with a full battery, it stuck on 92% ran flat and bricked itself. In a couple days I am going on a road trip across Australia, thanks DJI.

I tried, when connected to the PC it makes the USB connection then disconnected sounds constantly. I started in disable USB certificate mode to same effect

I updated the DJI APP and the MA FW, but didn't ask to update the battery FW.
I just returned from flying with all my 4 batteries with no single alert to update any one of my 4 batteries.

Moshik

I had to disconnect my phone from RC and kill app. Then reconnect phone to RC and start app then it picked up the firmware inconsistency in the battery and updated. I did this for my 2 spare batteries.

I tried, when connected to the PC it makes the USB connection then disconnected sounds constantly. I started in disable USB certificate mode to same effect

Are you turning on the AC when you are connecting to Dji Assistant 2.?

If you have, then it’s a problem with drivers, to fix that I uninstalled the latest version and installed an older version of Dji Assistant 2 to install the relevant drivers. This version is 1.0.7

Dropbox - DJI+Assistant+2+1.0.7.exe

Then I reinstalled the latest version again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2