DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deagl

Reactions
Hello folks,
I was trying to make some sunset hyperlapse today, and the result is very grainy footage. I used ND4 and my ISO was set to 100, shutter speed was 1/50 with color profile 0/-3/-2, Cloudy. I set my photo interval to 2 seconds and then I used the tap fly mode and let the drone do the magic only for couple second. What is the best setting for sunset/sunrise photo settings? I was trying to edit these photos in lightroom, but it is still grainy. Here is the link
Thank you for your answers!

I don't use ND's in photography and hyperlapses, I just use them for video. You don't want to slow your shutter speed down normally when photographing (unless you want motion blur of moving objects like a waterfall, cars, etc.) Most of the grain I'm seeing is in your shadows and in the trees, is that the grain you are talking about? Some of that could be because of the bitrate of your video, try slowing it down by half so your video is 10 seconds long, that will help it look less "blocky" as it won't be as fast moving. I normally film my hyperlapses flying 2mph and taking a photo every 2 seconds, this translates to 1 second of video per 1 minute of flight time. Looks like you may have been moving a bit faster?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82