DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air / internal memory / connecting USB-C crashes windows 10

chippenpuepp

Reactions
I'd like to transfer the content of the internal memory of my Mavic Air to my Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10. I connect the USB-C cable. I hear the "ding" sound indicating that the drive has been recognised. However one second later Windows falls over with a blue screen. Reproduce-able, tried it 3 times (and Windows takes forever to restart). Have not tried with other computers yet as I am traveling. Any advice?

Have you downloaded and installed any drivers for the Mavic Air? You may need to get DJI Assistant 2 that will include necessary drivers - but first:
  1. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button on the start menu.
  2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
  3. When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
This will ensure you're able to install the drivers with DJI Assistant 2.

Thank you. Did not download anything, expected it to be plug and play! Thanks for your advice, I’ll report back.

My windows 10 notebook is company issued and does not allow me to adjust the startup settings. Using my Mac and everything is plug and play ... as expected!

I don't know if it helps, but I didn't install DJI Assistant or any drivers at all. No problems transferring to my Win 10 laptop using a USB-C/USB-C cable (Dell laptop with a USB-C/Thunderbolt port).

I have no problems with my Win10 with usbc and the internal memory card.

Thanks. On my win 10 machine connecting the mavic air reliably causes a blue screen crash. Also brand new with USB C ports ...

Might be worth going into the BIOS setup and make sure the ports are in the right mode - at least on my Dell Precision it's a hybrid port that can do USB-C and Thunderbolt, and I recall some BIOS configuration for it. If that looks good, check you have the latest firmware maybe?

Might be worth going into the BIOS setup and make sure the ports are in the right mode - at least on my Dell Precision it's a hybrid port that can do USB-C and Thunderbolt, and I recall some BIOS configuration for it. If that looks good, check you have the latest firmware maybe?

Good idea! Got latest bios and Mavic Air firmware. But I will check the bios config. It is a Dell XPS13. Thanks!

I got the same problem today, my Dell Lattitude Laptop Win 10 crashed completely with a blue screen once I connected the USB-C between Mavic 2 and my laptop.

I am asked to calibrate my vision sensor.

I tried on another Laptop (Lenovo) same windows, and it crashed with a blue screen as well, but Fortunately I was able to recover the latest.

Whenever I try to connect, and once I power up the Mavic, windows goes in one second to a blue screen !

But I was able to see an error message stating the something went wrong in the driver, before screen goes blue...

Any hints why this is happening? And how to fix ?

Also other ideas to calibrate the vision without connecting Mavic to my laptop are welcomed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme