DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air lost connection over the sea and i lost it

When I first started flying drones I lost 2 Yuneec Q500s from doing the dreadful thing called Panicing. Sure, I was inexperienced.... Then I decided to do something that savedĺ my 3rd Q500... not to panic in the next sitiuation if one was to arise. One did.... I got mySelf in a pickle... I did not panic, I held my cool and thought out every move. I landed it safely with no damage. At that point I proved to myself that PANICING kills the drone..or if not killed, Damaged.. or lost.....

When I first started flying drones I lost 2 Yuneec Q500s from doing the dreadful thing called Panicing. Sure, I was inexperienced.... Then I decided to do something that savedĺ my 3rd Q500... not to panic in the next sitiuation if one was to arise. One did.... I got mySelf in a pickle... I did not panic, I held my cool and thought out every move. I landed it safely with no damage. At that point I proved to myself that PANICING kills the drone..or if not killed, Damaged.. or lost.....
This.

So important not to panic and most of all, be prepared by knowing your aircraft and practicing to get out of a problem.

This.

So important not to panic and most of all, be prepared by knowing your aircraft and practicing to get out of a problem.
Absolutely! A thorough preflight check and knowing what to do (and not do) is essential.

There have been countless postings on here where someone lost their drone because they launched without GPS, and didn't know how to fly without it.

What's that quote, "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail".

This forum is great for blaming pilots and drones BUT everyone forgets the controller. I had an incident with my Mavic Air and had to have it replaced. I repeatedly told Tech support it was a controller problem. They would not hear of it and refused to take my controller back for a check assuring me it was fine. I continued to have problems and finally lost the drone. No flight data recorded BUT I had an AirData subscription and records. After many fights and complaints DJI agreed to replace my drone, a supervisor agreed to check the controller. Surprise bad controller. I am now fighting the replacement charges since they were an original warranty issue with the controller causing my problems. Take info on this forum with a grain of salt. Not everything is the pilot's fault

How many lost drones in the water does it take before you learn not to fly over water and that you should not do it... or at least do it with a life jacket on the drone....

This forum is great for blaming pilots and drones BUT everyone forgets the controller. I had an incident with my Mavic Air and had to have it replaced. I repeatedly told Tech support it was a controller problem. They would not hear of it and refused to take my controller back for a check assuring me it was fine. I continued to have problems and finally lost the drone. No flight data recorded BUT I had an AirData subscription and records. After many fights and complaints DJI agreed to replace my drone, a supervisor agreed to check the controller. Surprise bad controller. I am now fighting the replacement charges since they were an original warranty issue with the controller causing my problems. Take info on this forum with a grain of salt. Not everything is the pilot's fault

It's unfortunate that you picked a case where it was clearly the pilot's fault to try to make that argument.

Did you post your logs to this forum, and receive incorrect information? Can you point to anyone else who has posted logs and received incorrect information? Or are you just making a random assertion without any evidence?

It's unfortunate that you picked a case where it was clearly the pilot's fault to try to make that argument.

Did you post your logs to this forum, and receive incorrect information? Can you point to anyone else who has posted logs and received incorrect information? Or are you just making a random assertion without any evidence?
The argument is no less valid

Sorry to hear about your drone loss and hassles with getting a replacement. I don't think the majority of people here are looking to blame the pilot, but like ac0j said,
be aware that 8 out of 10 times the pilot actually flew the aircraft into the crash.

I found his statement to be accurate.

Could you point me to the thread where you posted your flight log? TIA.

7or8 months now and you still think this forum is populated by idiots or employees of DJI
Can I ask why your still here if this is what you believe.
Your adding nothing that will help the OP

I thought the rc was still apart of the UAV system. So they will fall under mechanical and software glitches

Last edited:
Reactions: Astom22
I thought the rc was still apart of the UAV system. So they will fall under mechanical and software glitches.
There lies the analogy again: why keep driving your car if u suspect it has a brake issue. You send the car in to the dealer and in this case both the rc and drone.. prior to crashing it..
That's my newbie input
Stop being rational! That has no place here. Stick to the narrative, DJI is evil and hates their customers!

Reactions: charliesRig
I have 3 times that i lost or crashed my drone, the first time i flew in to a tree. DJI replaced no problems. Next time it ended in the top of a tree i retrieved it. Third time it forced landed in a no fly zone when the wind blew it there, but i recovered it. In my experience all crashes my fault and dji a great company. I love my drone and just have to be a more patient pilot. org_25b04af71075ee79_1529765796000.jpg

I have 3 times that i lost or crashed my drone, the first time i flew in to a tree. DJI replaced no problems. Next time it ended in the top of a tree i retrieved it. Third time it forced landed in a no fly zone when the wind blew it there, but i recovered it. In my experience all crashes my fault and dji a great company. I love my drone and just have to be a more patient pilot. View attachment 52210
Exactly, but people expect the drones to be idiot proof and don't want to accept they could have any fault in the loss/crash.

This forum is great for blaming pilots and drones BUT everyone forgets the controller.
Take info on this forum with a grain of salt. Not everything is the pilot's fault
The argument is no less valid
What argument?
All you've done is to say that you had a problem with your controller that DJI service didn't initially pick up on and somehow link that to analysis provided by the few forum members that analyse flight data.
If you are suggesting that flight data analysis here isn't to be trusted (I can't see how that's related to your incident), I'd suggest your premise needs to be taken with much more than a grain of salt.
Competent data analysis is very good for identifying the cause of flight incidents, whatever they might have been.
It just happens the the human factor in the operation of the drone is a very common cause.

You are all too nice to call out what this guy actually is....a MORON!

Just ignore him as he doesnt contribute anything good to this forum.

OP, sorry to hear about your drone but before you get frustrated with the manufacturer. Try to figure out what happened first. You cant have a replacement right away just because you lost your drone (Not to mention it was actually your fault).be thankful DJI is giving you a 15% discount, with the situation and your attitude, i would have charged you 15% more for your next drone.

How many lost drones in the water does it take before you learn not to fly over water and that you should not do it... or at least do it with a life jacket on the drone....
To follow that line of reasoning, no-one should fly anywhere that recovery after a crash might be difficult.
That philosophy would limit you to only flying in the local park or your backyard.
There's nothing wrong with flying over water.
It's safer than flying on land since there are no obstacles to hit and no interference.
As for handicapping the drone with some sort of "life jacket", the reduction if flight performance is more likely to contribute to losing the drone than protecting it.
It might sound like a good idea for flying over a duckpond or river edge but how is it going to be any help here ....?
DJI_0515a-X2.jpg

.. or here?
DJI_0306-364b-X2.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman