DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - New Video Feed Issues

Verizondrone28

Reactions
Odd issue here...I've had solid video feed on my Mavic Air for about 2 weeks now even since I've been choosing my custom WiFi channels instead of using Auto. Using an iPad Mini 4 for my monitor and the ONLY thing the Mini is used for is flying the Air so it's bare bones. I went to fly yesterday had a TON of video feed interference. Not sure why. I chose maybe 6 different WiFi channels and they all had the same issue. Moved to a new location about 1000 feet away to launch again and still had the lag issues. I came home to try from there and still had the lag issues.

I did some testing today and I'm still having the issues. Mini is on iOS 11.2.6, I deleted the Go app and reinstalled it (version 4.2.6), background refresh is off, rebooted, did a soft reset, tried Airplane Mode on and off, tried Bluetooth and WiFi on and off, tried 2 different USB cables using the bottom port (nothing plugged into the side). Still have lag issues.

Here's the kicker...I plugged in my iPhone X and it's running fine. Solid video feed just like before. iPhone X is also on iOS 11.2.6. Tried in Airplane Mode and regular mode and the video feed is fine.

To me I've got all things equal yet the performance is good on the iPhone X and laggy on the iPad Mini. Is there anything else that I'm missing here? Any ideas on why this happened all of a sudden?

Update...I reset the iPad back to factory under iOS 11.2.6. The only app I downloaded was the DJI Go 4 app. Same issue...chosen 8 different channels and they were all laggy. I then chose a horrible 2.4 channel just to see what that looked like and the video feed was far better than the other "clean" channels. I then switched it to Auto mode and that also worked better than the manually chosen clean channels.

I also refreshed the firmware in the Air and the controller so that's good.

No clue why this is only affecting my Mini 4 and not the iPhone X. The iPhone X video feed isn't 100% perfect but it's very close and light years ahead of the Mini 4.

Same problem here.
No lagging with my iPhone plugged in to the side usb and lots of lagging with my mini plugged in to the buttom usb.
Control is difficult and screen recording looks awfull out of a sudden.
I was thinking if the problem is with the buttom usb. Have you tried to plug the mini in to the micro usb on the side, I am still waiting for a longer micro usb/ lightning cable.
Danny

Same problem here.
No lagging with my iPhone plugged in to the side usb and lots of lagging with my mini plugged in to the buttom usb.
Control is difficult and screen recording looks awfull out of a sudden.
I was thinking if the problem is with the buttom usb. Have you tried to plug the mini in to the micro usb on the side, I am still waiting for a longer micro usb/ lightning cable.
Danny

I actually got this issue solved with some help from Ken Booth in a DJI Facebook group. My issue was that I was trying to use the screen recording feature in iOS 11, had the cache video option on in the DJI Go 4 app, and then record 4K video all at the same time. I had some lag going but then it got really bad once I hit record. I turned off the video cache and stopped using the screen recording and it’s absolutely perfect now. That was just way too taxing on the Mini 4 processor. I could do all 3 things pretty well on my iPhone X but the Mini 4 just can’t handle all of that. Make sure you turn off the video cache and just stop using the screen recording feature...or if you’re going to use screen recording, don’t actually record the video on the drone. It’s just too much.

Also, I always use the bottom USB port. Too many issues have been discussed in using the side port and you need an adapter to use that port anyway.

Reactions: DHFN
Hi Veri........28

Thanks for comming back with your solution and all the trobleshooting beforehand it savede me a lot of time.
It would make sense with a CPU or ram overload of the iPad with all the processing going on.
Your scenario was exactly what I was trying to do and which actually worked on my iPhone SE(tiny screen)

Hi Veri........28

Thanks for comming back with your solution and all the trobleshooting beforehand it savede me a lot of time.
It would make sense with a CPU or ram overload of the iPad with all the processing going on.
Your scenario was exactly what I was trying to do and which actually worked on my iPhone SE(tiny screen)

Glad I could help!! Enjoy your flying!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya