DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air sphere photos not stitched properly in Skypixel

peteair75

Reactions
Can anyone please tell me why these sphere photos always seem to have bad stitching , usually on the horizon, and is there something I'm doing wrong , or is there a way of fixing it ?
There are others I've done that are worse than this one.
Thanks for any help.
The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com
cleardot.gif

Reactions: Mangaliso
Looks like as the Mavic turns and the Exposure changes from certain snaps to others thats where you are getting the noticeable seams. Have you tried exposing for the brightest portion of the sky and locking the exposure. Or split the difference in exposure and locking that.

You can also try another site like Kuula.co and uploading your snaps there (its free) to determine if it is also an issue with Skypixels stitching and detection algorithm.

Looks like as the Mavic turns and the Exposure changes from certain snaps to others thats where you are getting the noticeable seams. Have you tried exposing for the brightest portion of the sky and locking the exposure. Or split the difference in exposure and locking that.

You can also try another site like Kuula.co and uploading your snaps there (its free) to determine if it is also an issue with Skypixels stitching and detection algorithm.
Thank you for your help , I will try both of your suggestions next time I fly !

Update this post so we know how you get on. Also consider taking my suggestion and uploading an existing 360 Degree Spherical Panorama to Kuula.co to determine if thier site does a better job of detecting the edges and stitching them.

It might not be skypixel, it might be the automatic stitching from the AIR. When I have allowed the Air to automatically stitch my photos, there have been similar artifacts 100% of the time...in some cases worse than others. In watching the Air, I noticed it drifted quite a bit when taking photos in some cases. I noticed worse drifting on recent flights, and re calibrated my IMU. Unfortunately, it has been raining quite hard where I live, so I'm not sure if that will help solve the problem.

The Air does allow the option of saving un-stitched photos. You can use a program like Microsoft ICE to stitch them yourself, and perhaps achieve better results. It is a bit more complicated that just stitching the photos...I got some good advice on another thread:

It might not be skypixel, it might be the automatic stitching from the AIR. When I have allowed the Air to automatically stitch my photos, there have been similar artifacts 100% of the time...in some cases worse than others. In watching the Air, I noticed it drifted quite a bit when taking photos in some cases. I noticed worse drifting on recent flights, and re calibrated my IMU. Unfortunately, it has been raining quite hard where I live, so I'm not sure if that will help solve the problem.

The Air does allow the option of saving un-stitched photos. You can use a program like Microsoft ICE to stitch them yourself, and perhaps achieve better results. It is a bit more complicated that just stitching the photos...I got some good advice on another thread:
This is all a bit new to me, but many thanks for your help !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78