DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air stopped/paused for 7-8 seconds in RTH

Bharat667

Reactions
Hi, I have been flying my Mavic Air for 2 months now. yesterday for the first time strangely it stopped mid air for 7-8 seconds while it was in RTH and then continues automatically and I am not able to figure out why. I was flying in sports mode then I changed it to P-GPS and initiated RTH manually it flew to home point for few seconds and then paused for 7-8 secs and then continued RTH and I am not able to figure out why. I have uploaded log here - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I gave no input during whole of RTH not even when it paused.
any help will be appreciated, I am little scared if there was something from my side which I should not be doing as I don't want to lose it.
also attached is DAT from phone

Attachments

• 2019-10-22_17-29-38_FLY061.DAT
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
Most likely on its RTH path it was flying towards the sun which was or may have been at a low altitude in the sky. This would shine on the drones Forward vision sensors causing the drone to think there was an obstacle in it path. The drone then comes to a stop for a moment and once the light which has now changed has gone allows the the drone to continue on its RTH.

This can often happen even when flying into the low sun on normal flight and can be quite frightening for first time Flyers. Even a sun glare from reflected windows or a very shiny surface hitting the forward obstacles sensors can fool the drone into thinking an obstacle is in front and forcing it to stop.

If you go in Go4 settings and look at warning message log you will probably see the "obstacle detected breaking now" listed.

Most likely on its RTH path it was flying towards the sun which was or may have been at a low altitude in the sky. This would shine on the drones Forward vision sensors causing the drone to think there was an obstacle in it path. The drone then comes to a stop for a moment and once the light which has now changed has gone allows the the drone to continue on its RTH.

This can often happen even when flying into the low sun on normal flight and can be quite frightening for first time Flyers. Even a sun glare from reflected windows or a very shiny surface hitting the forward obstacles sensors can fool the drone into thinking an obstacle is in front and forcing it to stop.

If you go in Go4 settings and look at warning message log you will probably see the "obstacle detected breaking now" listed.

It was cloudy with no sun, I went through logs no obstacle warning.

Was the home point recorded before you took off as the home point near you ??

This is what you posted:

"I was flying in sports mode then I changed it to P-GPS and initiated RTH manually it flew to home point for few seconds and then paused for 7-8 secs and then continued RTH and I am not able to figure out why. "

Are you sure it paused - was it rotating at like 25 feet - to decide whether that was the recorded home point for landing - if you use precision landing it does pause - the drone will get about 20-25 feet from the home point - rotate to the exact angle it was when taking off - lock into that home point then land - are you sure it just wasn't doing that (this could appear to be a pause if you are looking up and down at the drone and then the controller )??

Maybe you can clarify what this means:

"I was flying in sports mode then I changed it to P-GPS and initiated RTH manually it flew to home point for few seconds and then paused for 7-8 secs and then continued RTH and I am not able to figure out why"

What do you mean "then continued RTH and I am not able to figure out why" - did it continue to the ground ??

This is what you posted:

"I was flying in sports mode then I changed it to P-GPS and initiated RTH manually it flew to home point for few seconds and then paused for 7-8 secs and then continued RTH and I am not able to figure out why. "

Are you sure it paused - was it rotating at like 25 feet - to decide whether that was the recorded home point for landing - if you use precision landing it does pause - the drone will get about 20-25 feet from the home point - rotate to the exact angle it was when taking off - lock into that home point then land - are you sure it just wasn't doing that (this could appear to be a pause if you are looking up and down at the drone and then the controller )??

Maybe you can clarify what this means:

"I was flying in sports mode then I changed it to P-GPS and initiated RTH manually it flew to home point for few seconds and then paused for 7-8 secs and then continued RTH and I am not able to figure out why"

What do you mean "then continued RTH and I am not able to figure out why" - did it continue to the ground ??
I initiated RTH at about 1050 meters from home point when video was choppy on the phone, AC aligned itself correctly and started traveling towards home point, when 822 meters were left to home it stopped and kept hovering at 240m altitude(which was nearly constant thru the flight) for about 9 secs, then it continued normally and landed after reaching home with no input from me.

the logs at 9.36.4 to 9.44.6 show the speed was 0.

Do you happen to have any video ?? Did the camera reset itself and then the drone paused ?

I agree with another person that posted that maybe it was a sun flare but you say it was overcast and the logs do not show any "obstacle avoidance".

When you look at the logs how many Satellites were there during the "pause".

Do you happen to have any video ?? Did the camera reset itself and then the drone paused ?

I agree with another person that posted that maybe it was a sun flare but you say it was overcast and the logs do not show any "obstacle avoidance".

When you look at the logs how many Satellites were there during the "pause".
Constantly 15 satellites before during and after “pause”, i checked the video feed no the camera is positioned in same angle before-during-after “pause” and did not align itself. This is very confusing and i am slightly afraid to fly it again.

Can't see what might have caused it. NavHealth was fine, GPS was fine, vision and OA were not in use, battery was fine. Perhaps if you upload the .DAT file, there might be something in there? See here for instructions on how to retrieve the DAT file. How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Can't see what might have caused it. NavHealth was fine, GPS was fine, vision and OA were not in use, battery was fine. Perhaps if you upload the .DAT file, there might be something in there? See here for instructions on how to retrieve the DAT file. How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

The DAT is in post #1. Nothing obvious there either.

Do you have updates on this? Happened to me as well couple of times where my Mavic is on RTH and on the way it will just top for few seconds, maybe 7 to 8 seconds as well and then will continue to fly home.

No errors in OA. My lost signal configuration is RTH as well. It happened to be couple of times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe