DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air video shake - video attached

MattGBM

Reactions
Hi, the shake in the video below. Is it normal because of the wind or is it a problem?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Looks like there was quite a bit of gusting wind... any idea of velocity?
What were your camera settings?

Looks like there was quite a bit of gusting wind... any idea of velocity?
What were your camera settings?
Fast reply! ?
No idea on the velocity, if it’s on the app I’ll make sure to pay more attention in future.
Regarding the settings, what are you referring to?

Fast reply! ?
No idea on the velocity, if it’s on the app I’ll make sure to pay more attention in future.
Regarding the settings, what are you referring to?
Frame rate, ISO, aperture, etc.
Any particular special flight mode?
Did you get any wind warnings on your controller?

Frame rate, ISO, aperture, etc.
Any particular special flight mode?
Did you get any wind warnings on your controller?

It was just on normal mode and I let it hover and recorded. It seems to bounce around a bit when hovering. ?

No wind warnings.

But I feel there is a bounce and movement in the recording, would love it to be completely still.

It was just on normal mode and I let it hover and recorded. It seems to bounce around a bit when hovering. ?

No wind warnings.
Manual settings or auto? Sorry, I didn’t ask the question well.

See the bouncing in the top vid. Based on the stability at different altitude and location, I think wind is the culprit.
To be sure you could upload you flight logs.

Manual settings or auto? Sorry, I didn’t ask the question well.

See the bouncing in the top vid. Based on the stability at different altitude and location, I think wind is the culprit.
To be sure you could upload you flight logs.
Manual settings, I used the controller to move into hover position and press record. If that what you meant?

I really do feel there is something wrong though.

The video should be perfectly still? Even in winds?

Low to the ground is where you will have some turbulence from the the surroundings. The Mavic Air does tend to wiggle and doesn’t have the best gimbal compared to the other DJI products. Try early morning at a higher altitude.

Reactions: Thomas B
Low to the ground is where you will have some turbulence from the the surroundings. The Mavic Air does tend to wiggle and doesn’t have the best gimbal compared to the other DJI products. Try early morning at a higher altitude.
Agree. It’s the turbulence and gusting that’s doing it.

Well its hard with just 8 sec of video but I disagree with the wind . I'm looking at all the trees the ground foliage and I don't see a lot of movement there. My air videos holds very still even with a strong wind . I have had a occasion or 2 where my video would shake and I contribute it to the gimbal sticking or stuck for some reason I'll be watching the screen and the whole video will begin to shake then all of a sudden it stops and its not because the wind stopped. When I bring it back I give the gimbal a couple quick shots of compressed air and that solved that problem. just my experience. try the air blow out the dust and debris in the gimbal see it that helps

I think that is still moving a little (the same), just at height (distance from ground / objects) you can't pick up the movement like you do down low.

Do you have stock propellers fitted ?
Or after market ones like MAS low noise ?
Propellers that came with the drone.

I think that your gimbal is sticking a little or needs to be recalibrated. I have a Mavic Air and the gimbals holds very steady in high winds. Start with re-calibrating the gimbal and see if the issue gets resolved.

This afternoon we had some good wind so I put up the drone to check and it held pretty stable in the wind and I was getting all kinds of warnings to land it. I'll try to post the video when I have time to upload it. my upload speed is like .o2 mbps so a couple gig take all night to upload. Last on I did took 15 hrs.

Reactions: MattGBM
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan