DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air waypoint missions

dgd3

Reactions
I understand that the app for the Mavic air does not have waypoint mission planning. Is there a third-party app that has waypoint mission planning for the Mavic air?

I understand that the app for the Mavic air does not have waypoint mission planning. Is there a third-party app that has waypoint mission planning for the Mavic air?

I believe Litchi will add this once DJI release the necessary info.

Litchi doesn't support waypoints on the spark/air yet. Or should I say, DJI don't allow it via their SDK.

Litchi doesn't support waypoints on the spark/air yet. Or should I say, DJI don't allow it via their SDK.
Litchi may not support waypoints for the spark, but Autopilot does. :) I expect it will work with the Air once the SDK is released as well.

The main selling point of autopilot was that it doesn't use the dji SDK. At least that was the case with the spark.

All 3rd party developers must use DJIs SDK to communicate with the aircraft. Autopilot has a unique feature such as having its flight controller logic running in the iPads CPU bypassing the onboard FC. Therefore it needs to be connected to the aircraft to make use of all the features Autopilot is offering.

Reactions: djiboi
I'm glad i'm waiting a few months before buying. Nice to get the piece of equipment with most of the bugs worked out by then.

Reactions: avanti1963
b58ef4448c7c4bbd2ce6d04e0b30205b590f11724b6463edfc2cd3c942259315.png

Reactions: dgd3
DroneDj's author Haye Kesteloo reply To this thread by asking DJI to confirm this. But no answer yet.

I sent the same capture to DJI asking for a confirmation. The tech support could not confirm referring to the possibility that it could maybe be added to the sdk.

Yeah after having a P3A and a P4 I miss not having waypoints in my new Mavic Air.......I'm a big Litchi user because unlike Autopilot if u lose connection to the drone it will carry on and finish the mission .....
I'm actually away to buy a parrot disco for long range waypoint missions.60mins flight time on one battery 4000mah......nice and you can buy one for £300 now

Reactions: dgd3
.I'm a big Litchi user because unlike Autopilot if u lose connection to the drone it will carry on and finish the mission ....
Just for clarification: Autopilot has the capability to resume a mission if connection ist lost.
This is called LCMC (lost connection mission continuation) and has to be enabled prior engaging a waypoint mission. Otherwise Autopilot uses the default fail-safe setting RTH.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece